MainLobby Designer Bug Reports

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MainLobby Designer Bug Reports

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:16 pm

I do not recall changing anything in the image logic but try to rename images.kz to images_KZ or something without a period. Does this keep the images?

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:39 pm

CinemarDave wrote:I do not recall changing anything in the image logic but try to rename images.kz to images_KZ or something without a period. Does this keep the images?

I can change the image files from Images/xxx.png to Images_KZ/xxx.png successfully, and the change persists. Thank you.

As a trivial nit... For Windows 7, the MainLobby Scene Designer icon in the top left corner of the screen appears to be far too transparent -- it's pretty much invisible (almost completely white) when that part of the window is on top of a window with a white background.

- Roman

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:04 pm

I can't seem to get toggles to behave/work/edit at all with the latest version.

Prior to updating Designer, I deleted the old toggles from the screen. I verified the html had no references to "toggle".

I attempted to add two toggles. The first one I added didn't appear to get "outlined" when I moved the toggle switch from the Insertable objects. I promptly moved a second one onto the screen. It also didn't get "outlined" when I moved it on the screen, but I edited the blank space on the screen where I moved it. I editing the MLServer variable name and the On/Off commands and saved the screen.

From Chrome, the second toggle switch just appears as text "Off" with no toggle outline or anything. The first toggle is invisible from Chrome.

From the MainLobby Designer, the second toggle switch also just appears as text "Off". If I choose "Select All", there is no outline around either toggle. If I just try to click on the text for the second toggle, nothing happens (no outline, no edit screen).

The html for the new toggles is:

<span id="toggle1" class="ui-toggle ui-toggle-modern ui-svar" data-statevar="" data-statevarname="" data-oncmd="" data-offcmd="" data-onlabel="On" data-offlabel="Off" style="position:absolute;top:117px;left:233px;height:35px;width:125px;"></span>
<span id="toggle2" class="ui-toggle ui-toggle-modern ui-svar pool_spajets" data-statevar="pool_spajets" data-statevarname="[[pool_spajets]]" data-onlabel="On" data-offlabel="Off" data-oncmd="Pool.Cmd|SetSpaPumpOff" data-offcmd="Pool.Cmd|SetSpaPumpOn" style="position:absolute;top:163px;left:215px;width:125px;height:35px;"></span>

Thanks,
Roman

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:35 pm

Re toggle switch behavior.

I thought about this a bit, and took a look at the JavaScript directory. As part of the Designer update process, I checked and made sure that my JavaScript directory had the latest scripts (from the correct sample project).

So for the attempt I described above, I used the iPhone6 sample project. And that project definitely has out-of-date JavaScript files.

So I went to the iPhone.Sample project and copied the JavaScript files over from there. The behavior changed quite a bit. At least there is an object I can select. And now I have text for both "On" and "Off" on the screen -- but it's to the left and below of the object outline (it's only the "select" red outline, not an actual image of a toggle). And the "On" and "Off" text moves when I hit that general area. That is, it's still incorrect, but at least it's an indication of something.

So it seems the iPhone6 sample project isn't up-to-date at all w.r.t. to its directories. Does iPhone.Sample perhaps also have (less) out-of-date directories and I should be starting with the JavaScript of some other project?

- Roman

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:13 pm

I will look into this but the iPhone6 sample app HAS NOT been updated yet. It is still the old version. You should copy the JavaScript, CSS and images folders from the iPhone.sample until the iPhone6 is released.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:30 pm

I cannot figure out why certain lighting is not showing in the scroller on the iphone in the default lighting page. I noticed that the affected "zones" all have an apostrophe (Ethan's Room) and the scroller just shows "ethan" with nothing following, and no devices to control.
I tried to concede and change the room/zone in the lighting family manager to "Ethans Room"; however something keeps setting it back to "Ethan's Room"

- I don't know what sets zones/rooms..? There are Vera lighting devices which are used elsewhere, but sans the apostrophe in any names.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:36 pm

That's being controlled from the names as define in the Vera. Apostrophes give the web services great grief. Remove them from Vera or use an alternate character for the apostrophe. I use a Right Single Quotation Mark (Alt-0146) when I need an apostrophe in a zone name.

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:56 pm

With respect to toggles...

As per my post earlier in this thread, these appear to still be non-functional in the latest Designer?

Thanks,
Roman

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:40 pm

I see what happened now. Source control. My styles.css files are out of sync and the released version of the styles.css file is missing all the css for the toggles. Update is coming.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:08 pm

I don't think it is a bug, and it may even be local to my setup.

But once I get 6-8 or more images using mjpg streams from cameras the designer reacts very slowly to ctrl+e or edit a property of an element.
Its probably the fact that I'm pulling over 10 mpbs of image streams all at once.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:15 pm

>>> over 10 mpbs of image streams all at once.

That be the issue.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Sorry for the 20 forum message blasts. :)

AN issue I have, probably not a bug, is loading images.

For example, if I take the Kiosk/Weather-First5-Overlay.html scene. All the variables load except the images.
I see the images use the weather_forecast_1_iconimage variable.
Which is set to http://mainlobby:6246/Images/Weather/wx_87.png

If I paste that url into a browser I get the image. Even from a remote pc. And fast.

The same is true for many scenes which use the port 6246 URL, such as Movies.

But sometimes they load and I can see in the logs that they do. Not sure why they load sometimes.
But when they don't load, the logs are silent.

I don't feel like the server is overwhelmed or anything. In trace the logs just show a stead Ping and Pong and HELO messages.

Browser type doesn't seem to matter. Workstation doesn't seem to matter. Everything loads very fasy except the images from 6246.

Also, if I create a scene with just one image from port 6246 it loads fast and reliably.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:44 pm

You need to set the MLServer DNS name to the IP address of the server or a public DNS entry. This is because the mobile clients cannot do a netbios name lookup. Restart MLServer after changing the dns name,

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 am

Sorry, that was my fault.

I shortened the dns name in the above example. I was using the full dns name in the MLServer DNS name field. I just took a shortcut when typing the example.

But, I changed it to the IP Address just to be sure. And now its working fine. Would this indicate I should look at my DNS Server responses?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:24 am

Yes you should look at how the name is resolving in DNS.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”