MainLobby Designer Bug Reports

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: MainLobby Designer Bug Reports

Postby RZajcew » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:05 pm

I noted this behavior still exists. So I went back and looked at this more carefully.

What I have is a button with a black background and a white label, labeled "COOL". The behavior of the button is such that if the state variable {{therm_{{therm_zone_{{clientname}}}}_m}} has an On value of C, the label color changes to blue (the background color and opacity stay the same). The command for the button (as one might guess) changes {{therm_{{therm_zone_{{clientname}}}}_m}} to C (along with other things). I save the scene.

The initial value of the {{therm_{{therm_zone_{{clientname}}}}_m}} is O. And the scene displays correctly (with a white label) from either Chrome or from an iPhone. When I hit the button, the variable {{therm_{{therm_zone_{{clientname}}}}_m}} changes to C (as expected) and the color of the label changes to blue (as expected).

What is not expected is that the "Label Format" color permanently changes to blue. That is, if I now look at the page from MainLobby Scene Designer, Label Format now has a blue color. And the only way to "correct" this is to edit the page via Button Properties.

One additional potential point of interest... With the above scene, if I edit the button back to a white label, the edit succeeds. But if I save the scene and {{therm_{{therm_zone_{{clientname}}}}_m}} is equal to C, then the edit is lost and the button label stays as blue.

Regards,
- Roman

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Yes and this is by design and not a bug. When objects have states defined the colors and opacity for the background and label take priority over the values set buy the objects style. The state values change the primary style for the object and are set based on the state variables value on page load and when the state variable changes. The "normal" style values will always track the last version of the state variable.

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:16 am

CinemarDave wrote:Yes and this is by design and not a bug. When objects have states defined the colors and opacity for the background and label take priority over the values set buy the objects style. The state values change the primary style for the object and are set based on the state variables value on page load and when the state variable changes. The "normal" style values will always track the last version of the state variable.

After thinking about this a lot, I finally believe I understand how this behaves (and I've tested this and it seems to behave this way). To be a bit more precise:
- If there is no On/Off State Variable, the button styling variables are determined from the "Button Styling" section of the properties.
- If there is an On State Variable, and the State Variable has an On Label Color, then the Label Color on the Label Format tab is ignored (from a button design perspective), and the Label Color when not in the On state is derived from the Off Label Color. And if the Off Label Color is not specified, then the button will stay in the On Label Color from then on.

And I imagine this would work for other button properties also.

I actually found this more than a bit confusing -- the fact that Label Format properties "quit mattering" (sometimes) when there is a State Variable. My suggestions for clarity...
- Drop either the On State or the Off State, and use the Label Properties to determine the value when not in the On or Off state. I think this could be done without breaking existing scenes by "adapting" to the new behavior when displaying the scene in the Web Designer for the first time.
- Do not allow the Button Properties to be saved when the behavior in the "other" state is unspecified. That is, if the On state specifies an On Label Color, require the specification of the Off Label Color (via a popup or something).
- Grey out any Button Styling or Label Format variables that represent current state and cannot "reasonably" be edited due to State Variable settings. I don't like this alternative as much.

- Roman

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm not sure this is a bug or a feature. Hopefully, someone might be able to shed some light on it. Sometimes, when I launch ML Web Designer, and open a project's scene file, it doesn't allow me to edit any of the Objects. In fact, when you click on the object, it initiates the underlying function or macro. The only way I've been able to get it to go into edit mode is to restart the ML Server.

I'm kind of hoping its a feature, since I usually end up toggling back and forth between the Web Designer and a Google Chrome browser to see if it looks and works like I'm expecting it to.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Todd

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:20 pm

There is a window of opportunity while the page is loading in the designer that if you click on something and the page has not finished its "going into design mode" JavaScript tasks that the page will be live and execute the object click. This is enough to hose the editing session and you would need to cancel out of the page edit and re-open the page. That's why there is a black "Loading" box on the toolbar while that page is loading.

It's really difficult to suppress all page clicks during the load event because of the .NET to Chrome to JavaScript interaction.

However, none of this has any effect on MLServer. So I'm a little stumped as to why you would need to restart it.

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks for the clarification Dave.

-Todd

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:28 pm

I've somehow gotten myself into a little snafu. I can't get any of my scenes to appear in the designer. The projects all appear in the left column, but nothing appears when I click on any of the scenes in the designer. I don't know how long this has been happening, it has been a while since I needed the designer. I did upgrade to the latest MLServer and Designer but reverted back after seeing the issues and the problem is still there. I can reproduce this on my desktop where I do all my editing and also on the MLServer itself. Being that the designer doesn't work on the server and acts the same way, I don't think its a firewall issue. Both machines have the firewall disabled. The scenes work perfectly thru chrome, ipads and iphones. Its just an issue with the designer. I tried to refresh the support files and still the same. I restarted the server with the same results. I completely removed the HTML page and copied the work into a new folder and still the same. I have even tried to create a new project and scene which does work, but the new scene doesn't show up either. Any ideas?

Euro
Designer issue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:33 pm

The white screen points to the web server not running or running on a different port. Check the settings in the designer and make sure the base url matches what your server is using.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Bingo! That was it. Thank you. I always kept my port at 90. I don't know why it changed on my pc, or when it did. I never used it on the server so that would explain why it didn't work there. Thanks again.

Euro

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Dave - I do not know if you caught that you distributed some customers home page with your recent iPad Sample release. I think that the page is names Graham.html.

Also, what happened with the lighting control page; It appears that I lost some functionality
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Just uploaded a refresh to get rid of the noise. v .61. I also put the original lighting-control page back. The one I put in the .60 release shows how you can defined the house by floors. Then select a floor to show the rooms then select a room to show the loads. That scene is now called Alt-Lighting-Control.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Ok; I guess that could also be used for Areas like Exterior vs. Interior
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Just a thought globally - Could you make the driver or MLS version a variable? I have always wanted to create an admin page showing runing drivers and there version; Or maybe add that to the list of Web available pages through the portal.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:00 pm

That will be in the User Portal soon.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:15 am

Dave - Two items;

I was updating some coloration on my home page today. My five minute project ended up taking a bit longer.

1. You should default the "Clickable when Off" and CLickable when on" checkboxes to on so that you do not break existing interfaces
2. Gradient will not stick no matter what I do (Except for one button). I have no Java errors with the scene. I have attempted a Designer reload with no change
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”