MainLobby Designer Bug Reports

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: MainLobby Designer Bug Reports

Postby chuck99z28 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:56 am

I was using a variable {{blml2hs_\95_value}} as a state trigger for a Button. But when I save the scene the "\" gets removed.

As a work around, I'm using an Automation Rule to change the same value in another variable without the "\".

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:04 pm

That Homeseer plugin also allows you to define aliases for those server variables that contain illegal html characters so you would not need to use the Automation rule.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:35 pm

CinemarDave wrote:That Homeseer plugin also allows you to define aliases for those server variables that contain illegal html characters so you would not need to use the Automation rule.

Ah, yes forgot about that. But there's issues with that Plugin. When I lose power, the PLM loses connectivity with Homeseer, which is on a UPS. When that happens I lost the plugin's config. So I've been using the raw values just to avoid all the reprogramming everytime my PLM uses power. I'm really not happy with my Insteon solution. I like the switches, and the insteon side works fine. Getting tired of Homeseer.

I've been considering trying the ML solution again, just not sure how it handles all the specialty Insteon devices, such as the relays, motion detectors, etc.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:52 pm

I only have a limited number of Insteon devices here to test with. If you use our Insteon driver on your devices and there is something that is not supported or does not work I can use your system for testing and modify the driver to work with the devices. All I would need to remote access into your server for testing.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:19 pm

I'm not sure when it started. But lately buttons have been acting strange in the designer.

Some of them, not all, show up as dull or opaque in the designer, but not in the web page using Chrome.

Sometimes they disappear completely. They don't get highlighted when selecting Ctrl-A. But if you duble click the spot where the button should be than properties opens up.

It seems like it is normally buttons which track state.

Opacity is at 100. I just can't find what is doing it.

I haven't changed anything in a while.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:44 am

Just a thought - any chance your Z order is changing? I occasionally swap layers and have to reorder the buttons. This really only comes into play when you use backgrounds or put buttons on top of anything else.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:57 pm

In the current released designer objects that have state variables defined are shown at 40% opacity when the page is being edited in the Designer. I did this to provide a hint that the object has states. (This will go away with the next release of the designer.) Is this the effect you are seeing? They should not disappear in the designer. If they do email me one of the html files so I can examine the html directly.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:07 am

CinemarDave wrote:In the current released designer objects that have state variables defined are shown at 40% opacity when the page is being edited in the Designer. I did this to provide a hint that the object has states. (This will go away with the next release of the designer.) Is this the effect you are seeing? They should not disappear in the designer. If they do email me one of the html files so I can examine the html directly.

Definitely. That's it. I wonder why I didn't notice before, I did just upgrade all my monitors.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”