Android connection problem

MainLobby Web App running on Android Tablets
hakha4

Android connection problem

Postby hakha4 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:31 am

Hi!
Followed instructions för MainLobby on Android but can't open in browser (myserverIP/android/index.htm),neither on pc where MLServer (4) is located or on remote pc. Opened port 80 in router and correct network settings in MLServer. Is there anything else to do on MLServer pc
Any help appreciated
Regards Håkan

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android connection problem

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 pm

IS the user web server enabled in MLServer Tools Network? Is port 80 being used by something else on the server? Look at the MLServer event log when it starts up. Do you see the message that it is starting the web servers?

hakha4

Postby hakha4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am

Hi
Thank's for reply. You where right,I missed in the log that user webserver didn't start correctly. After Upgrading MLServer to latest it starts without errors but when pointing to the index.htm from my Android I only get a 'blank' page. Any idea what'a wrong ?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 pm

MLServer 3 or 4?

MLServer 3 = not really supported

MLServer 4 = http://<<server IP address>>/android/index.html

Do you have the latest V4 Android app installed?

hakha4

Postby hakha4 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Thank 's for reply. I use MLSERVER4 and latest Android software. After trying with Internet Explorer the side opens but don't looks ok, buttons and other object have same backcolor as page background and only a frame around them !?. It seems that here is some security issue with Chrome and I have to look in to that.
Regards Håkan

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 pm

You will see that with Internet Explorer. Microsoft does not use standard CSS elements and they implement their own way of doing things. No attempt has been made to make the Web apps compatible with any version of Internet Explorer.

Perhaps Chrome has old pages cached? Flush the Chrome cache?

philadam

Postby philadam » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 am

Since updating to the latest MSLServer version, my remote WEB clients quit working. Works on local PC where MLserver is, but on IE when I diagnose the problem I get this answer: website (192.168.3.106) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. On chrome I get: Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.3.106. Checked everything, and environment is set right and the event log shows the web client loading without errors.

I did notice a new port entry for Telnet in the network environment section. Could this be causing any conflicts? Can't find or see aything wrong.

philadam

Postby philadam » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:55 am

Windows firewall was blocking app. Since MLServer was allowed, I am not sure what it is blocking, but I will leave it off until I find out what.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:43 am

That is odd. The web apps use several different ports for communicating with the server. Port 80 for normal web traffic (or the port you have defined), port 6246 for images from the main server, port 8181 for the web sockets and finally a random port above 10000 for dedicated web sockets traffic.

Return to “MainLobby for Android Tablets”