Screen Size

MainLobby Web App running on Android Tablets
Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Screen Size

Postby Oronomus » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Got delivery today on the new Asus Transformer Prime from Office Depot!

Pleased to note that the Android web app responds much faster than the iPad app in my set up. It now feels much more like a useful control device. Just waiting on release of the app in the Gallery library.

One problem I am having (without having spent any time looking for what may be a simple answer) is that the screen size in the standard web display hides the control bar on the bottom of the MainLobby scenes. On other web pages, you can drag the screen up or down using a two finger touch. A scroll up or down icon appears on the right margin. But this doesn't work for me on the MainLobby web scenes. Is it disabled? I found a setting on the Asus that gives you 3 choices for web browser zoom - something like "far", regular and "close". I can only see the entire MainLobby scene on the "far" setting, but the scene fills only half the page in that setting. Is there a way to set the web browser zoom to a specific zoom number such as 85%? Alternatively, maybe there is a setting on the scene page to make it auto-fit to the screen size. Any ideas?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Screen Size

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 pm

You need to make sure the web apps open in full screen mode. Go into settings in the browser. Under Labs turn on "Quick Controls". Then exit and launch the web app from the desktop shortcut.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Screen Size

Postby Oronomus » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Thanks. Also figured out that once in full screen mode, hold the return button down to bring up the bookmarks list. Wasn't exactly intuitive to click on "Labs" to bring up a menu for full screen mode. But as you've said Android has some development left to do.

Return to “MainLobby for Android Tablets”