Is MainLobby client to be replaced by Scene Designer

Topics for the MainLobby 4 client
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Is MainLobby client to be replaced by Scene Designer

Postby simonmason » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:58 am

I use Scene Designer for all of my phones and ipads. It occurred to me that I could use this to replace my Mainlobby clients in my installed touchscreens. Is this the direction I should be heading in or waiting for updates to MainLobby client? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is MainLobby client to be replaced by Scene Designer

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Back in 2013 after we made the set of updates to the MainLobby Flash client to bring it to version 4 we stopped all further development of the Flash client. (With the exception of bug fixes). Since Steve Jobs announced that to him Flash was dead we knew its usefulness was terminal.

The entire industry quickly started moving to the rich UI experience that HTML 5 and CSS3 brought to the table. We immediately jumped on that bandwagon and the Web Designer was born.

There will be no more feature enhancements to the MainLobby Flash client. It will continue to exist and will continue to work well on Windows PCs as long as Microsoft continues to support the Flash player.

Today's alternative for Windows PCs and touch screens is to simply use the Chrome browser running in kiosk mode. You'll get a great full screen experience and the apps you design for the iPad are completely reusable on the Windows PCs as they probably share the same 4x3 aspect ratio.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Is MainLobby client to be replaced by Scene Designer

Postby DaveB » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:21 am

How good was this decision now - Not dead yet, but looks like flash is on the way out.

"Tech World Writes Obituary for Adobe Flash"

http://a.msn.com/r/2/AAddSPS?ocid=News
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MainLobby 4 Client”