Reconnecting MainLobby clients after power outage

Topics for the MainLobby 4 client
RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Reconnecting MainLobby clients after power outage

Postby RZajcew » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:03 pm

We had a power outage last night that lasted more than an hour. My server is on a UPS, and stayed up. The hardwired MainLobby clients (all with fixed IP address) powered down. This was all as expected. This morning, the clients have been having great difficulty starting up.

What seems to happen is that MainLobby starts up but the connection to the server cannot be established. I have checked, and all the clients (and the server) have full network connectivity, and the server responds to pings from each client (and vice versa).

What has happened is that (for no particular reason I can figure out) 5 out of the 6 clients have re-established their connections over the last 2 hours. In some cases it seemed to happen after a client reboot. In some cases it seemed to connect after a while "just because". [I have also restarted the server and the router, with no discernible effect] Now there is one client that remains unconnected. The client and server can ping each other, and the client has full network access.

Any thoughts on this?

- Roman

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Reconnecting MainLobby clients after power outage

Postby RZajcew » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:06 pm

.... and then after one more (desperation, I guess) reboot of the last unconnected client, even that one connected. Very frustrating. But my configuration is back up.

- Roman

Return to “MainLobby 4 Client”