Screen display on Surface pro 3

Topics for the MainLobby 4 client
Mr. Spock

Screen display on Surface pro 3

Postby Mr. Spock » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Just picked one up and setting up ML. The install went ok. As with all my W8.x machines I have to setup security on the Cinemar root directory (and below) for Full Control and Modify privileges otherwise any changes of any kind don't save. This is done in windows file explorer.

However I find that I can not get full screen mode on this tablet. When ever I change the Player Screen Resolution and hit apply it does not actually save. All I have to do is reopen the Display tab and it reverts back to 1024x768. I was able to change and save the Designer resolution successfully. I also changed the windows shortcut icon setting to open in a maximized window but that did not do anything.

Not sure what to do.
Live long and prosper.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Screen display on Surface pro 3

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:26 pm

You have to make sure you set the MainLobby shortcut so that it "Run As Administrator". If you don't do that MainLobby will not be able to write to the MainLobby.ini file and your settings will not be saved.

Mr. Spock

Postby Mr. Spock » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Yep, I did that. There are actually 3 locations in various places in the Windows 8.x shortcut's menuing where one can select "Run As Administrator". I have checked all 3 and restarted ML client. Still a problem. Note that I can make changes to other items and they really save. Its just the Player Resolution that is giving me trouble.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Live long and prosper.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:34 pm

My only option now is to remote into this surface pro and see what is going on myself. Send me Team Viewer credentials.

Mr. Spock

Postby Mr. Spock » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Thanks for the offer. This is a Christmas gift for my girlfriend. After I give it to her I can install Team Viewer and I'll take you up on the remoting in.
Live long and prosper.

Mr. Spock

Postby Mr. Spock » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Ok, I finally figured this out after a bit of experimentation. The experts will probably laugh at me, but maybe this will help other newbies like myself.

First off, the 3 Run As Administrator check boxes on the windows 8.x icon properties for ML on my desktop seem to uncheck each time I install an updated version of ML client. That was problem one.

Problem two was probably the real problem. When I would change the display setting in the ML Display Settings Options panel and hit apply and OK I thought I was done. That is not the case. One has to also save the MainLobby scene by hitting the SAVE button on the designer "ribbon" and then restart ML client. If you don't hit the SAVE button these changes don't stick. Some ML Display Settings Options changes will stick without hitting the SAVE button, but not the Player Resolution. Now my changes take place.

All good now.
Live long and prosper.

Return to “MainLobby 4 Client”