New clients cant connect properly

Topics for the MainLobby 4 client
simonmason
Expert
Expert

New clients cant connect properly

Postby simonmason » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:25 am

Occasionally, it is happening now, I have an issue with new clients connecting to the server. Currently I have two touchscreens connected and running fine. I try to load MainLobby on two other clients - it shows that they are connected to the server but the variables do not update and none of the buttons actually work. The server looks like it is running fine. The client PCs can see the server - I am able to browse the drives through windows explorer. The PCs in question work normally so I don't think there are any changes there - firewall, etc.

If I restart the server this condition goes away (not sure if it is a restart of MLServer or a reboot of the PC that is required - haven't investigated that fully).

Is there anyway I can diagnose this further? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New clients cant connect properly

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Are they wireless or wired clients? If wireless is there network card being allowed to go to sleep? You should disable all power saving options on the wireless adapter.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:27 pm

No, they are wired. They are able to connect - it just seems that none of the variables, etc. are updating. I restarted MLServer and the same clients are able to connect without any problems.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:50 pm

This continues to happen to me. Currently I have two MainLobby clients connected fine. However, I try to connect with two other clients (one of which is on the MLserver PC) and they show connected but the variables are not updating.

When I click on the client sessions button neither of the two new clients are showing - including the one that is running on the server.

If I start up a web client this connects fine and shows in the client sessions.

If I stop one of the currently connected MainLobby clients and restart - it will not connect. This would appear to rule out the network card as the issue as it goes from working to non-working just by restarting MainLobby?

The only way to (apparently) get out of this is to restart MLserver. Any thoughts?
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:54 pm

I will have to remote into the server and the affected clients in order to know what is going on.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:40 pm

It's up and running right now in this state if you want to look. Initially I thought it was a firewall issue but that doesn't explain why a restart clears it.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “MainLobby 4 Client”