Generic IP Camera Driver

Topics for MLServer Device Drivers
greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Generic IP Camera Driver

Postby greyt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am

CinemarDave wrote:There's another update to that driver coming in the next couple of days that addresses that issue. Hand on for that update.

Just noticed another issue, I think the plugin doesn't support non US dates when browsing to the first or last image.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Will the driver support ampexis camera with file format of MJPEG , or what camera will work with the driver. let me know lou

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Will the driver support cameras with H.264 level 3 compression or what format will it support. let me know lou

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

It is not really a function of the driver supporting any format. The driver doesn't care what the camera streams as it never has to process it. The limitation is whether the feed can be rendered in the MainLobby client. If you can view the feed in Internet Explorer without having to install any additional ActiveX components for the camera then you should be able to view it in MainLobby.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 pm

CinemarDave wrote:It is not really a function of the driver supporting any format. The driver doesn't care what the camera streams as it never has to process it. The limitation is whether the feed can be rendered in the MainLobby client. If you can view the feed in Internet Explorer without having to install any additional ActiveX components for the camera then you should be able to view it in MainLobby.

is there any plans to support camera with activex componets, and what make of camera do work with mainlobby

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Sun May 11, 2014 7:33 pm

will the drive support, streaming via RTSP protocol

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sun May 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Yeah, RTSP support would be good.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon May 12, 2014 10:17 am

The driver is absolutely blind to the streaming protocols in play. Nothing ever passes through the driver. Displaying the camera feeds is solely a function of what the client in use supports. The Flash client is limited to reloading static jpegs unless there is an ActiveX component that can be loaded that can capture and render the stream.

The web clients are a bit more robust. The web browsers are capable of rendering many more formats. Even here you have to pick cameras that do not require you to load an ActiveX component into the browser. Camera manufacturers are doing away with that requirement in all their current generation cameras because they know people want to view the cameras on their phone and tablets.

If you can find a URL for stream from the camera that can be opened in Chrome then you can use that same URL in a web app scene.

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:10 pm

I just decided to move from MLComDevice to the Video family for my Panasonic IP security cameras. And I have a few notes...

1. It appears that each generic IP camera has its own camera settings. And indeed, there could be different types of IP cameras in an installation. But most typically, they will be the same. Perhaps you could define several "Generic IP Camera" classes, each with their own properties? Or perhaps it would be easy to quickly allow camera properties to be copied from one camera to another?

2. It would be nice to have some Zoom commands. The Panasonic cameras support two types of Zoom -- one that allows a parameter of -1/-2/-1/1/2/4 and other that is just ZoomIn/ZoomOut. So allowing both forms would be useful.

3. It would be good to be able to have more than one video image (that is, have {{video_x_image1}}, {{video_x_image2}}, etc). At least two would be enormously useful, but perhaps having 4 would be very good. One form of video image would be for MainLobby flash, and the other forms could be used for the Web Designer (to optimize bandwidth, I have found it useful to have a low-resolution window for small thumbnail video, and another resolution for larger images).

Regards,
Roman

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:04 am

Blue Iris had an update to their software and since then, I am getting a lot of drop outs on camera images. I looked at the cache directory in ML and the files are created but the images are "corrupted" and can't be displayed. The images sometimes come back after several scans (every 10 seconds), then drop off again, then come back.... All camera images exhibit this on my Blue Iris server... I also updated ML server today but I suspect it is the BI update as the Generic IP driver wasn't changed.

Any ideas? I tried to upload one of the corrupted images but the forum rejects the upload. It appears the files are not complete jpg's...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:12 am

My guess is the BI software cannot keep up with the driver 1.5 second requests. What happens if you grab the image directly from the BI server and set the image's reload flag true? Try just a single image on its own page.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 am

I can load the image on the web browser without issue (I click the refresh repeatedly and see the image) - how do I set the image reload flag to true?

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:35 am

Maybe the image isn't being saved completely? I looked at the "corrupt" files in the ML cache directory and they are only 8kb -- way too small for the camera image. The good ones are 350kbs - Maybe the driver thinks it has the whole image and saves it before the stream is finished?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:37 am

When you add an image to a web app you'll see the check box for reload. When that is checked off the JavaScript will reload the image every 1.5 seconds or so.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 am

OK - I did that and added a direct URL image on a web scene with the reload checked - been watching it with no issue... The images are refreshing on that scene without issue.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”