V4 Elk Driver

Topics for MLServer Device Drivers
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

V4 Elk Driver

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 am

The V4 Driver for Elk security panels has been released. It is a member of the Security, Control and Climate families. It hasn't had a lot of testing yet but I am controlling my test panel. Let us know how it works for you.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: V4 Elk Driver

Postby sbuckler » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Nice work, once again, Dave. All the commands I have tried so far work fine. Nice to have this driver.

Had the same problem with the read configuration button as I had with the ISY, but restarted MLServer and it found all my devices and zones, etc. No biggie.

I found while watching the Elk variables, if I Arm Stay, the variables changes to Stay and Armed as they should. When I issue a disarm, my panel does disarm, however the variables do not change until I issue a disarm again. This is reproducible.

What are the variables {{security_keypad_1_bcmode_1-8}}, and {{security_page_all my connected pcs}}.
Thanks for work on this.
Stan

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Playing around some more I found that Arm Stay, Arm Night, toggle the alarm on and off. Not sure if this is by design or if the should be discrete. Arm Away does not toggle.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Those server variables from the first post look a bit odd. I need to check them.

As for the alarm toggle. Capture the Elk event log and let's see what the Elk is doing.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Do you want me to send you the log? First thing I did was turn on log to file so if it's easier for you to remote in, please feel free. Everything is working well so not a priority for me.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Confirmed, all works well except when disarming, the two variables: {{security_area_1001_state}} and {{security_area_1001_status}} do not change to show: Ready to Arm and Disarmed

Eurotech

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Just sent out an update to the Elk driver. This version should fix the Area variables.

The Keypad_BCMode variables are just a flag 0 or 1 saying whether the keypad required a user code to bypass a zone. Probably not ever needed but it is part of the Elks response.

Not sure where the security_page variables are coming from. They are not from the Elk driver.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Variables updating properly and instantly now. Arm Stay/Arm Night commands still toggle if that is something you need to know. Can't see it being a problem unless a command was issued twice by mistake. Thanks.
Stan

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Silly question unrelated to the driver itself. I want to make the purchase of this as I have a few days remaining. Do I purchase the security group and then this driver is good to go, or do I have to purchase this driver? On the website, I do not see anything related to ELK for V4 just yet under the security group. I also do not see anything separate for the driver itself for purchase. Thanks again, driver works great.

Eurotech

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm a little behind on updating the web pages. You never have to purchase a V4 driver. Instead you purchase the "Family" or "Familes" that the driver is a member of. In the case of the Elk it has to potential to be in the Security, Control and Climate families. You would purchase the Security family.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Are there any scenes developed for the Elk V4? I could not seem to locate them and would like to utilize them.

Thank you

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 am

None specifically for the Elk. However, the security keypad and the thermostats from the sample HAI scene should work for the Elk too.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 pm

The elk driver in the family v4 will not allow me to connect via serial port. In fact, trying to use the drop-down for serial port is a blank list. Regardless, it wants to connect via TCP/IP no matter which option I select

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:04 pm

If I recall I had to just enter my com port even thought it was not given as a choice in the drop down.
Stan

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Tried that as COM3 COM 3 etc. It still looks for it at an IP address.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”