V4 ISY Driver

Topics for MLServer Device Drivers
albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: V4 ISY Driver

Postby albright_family » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:03 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Simplify your test a bit. I'm not sure what your macros are doing and there may be some race conditions going on.

Put a slider on the page. Have the command just be Lighting|1~Level~{{value}} and have the server variable for tracking be {{lighting_1_level}}. Change the #1 to be the appropriate ID for the light in test. Looks like 8 from your log. How does this experiment work?

Turns out what was happening is the macros were firing too quickly :roll: I but a 1 second pause in the update values command and now it updates the slider value accordingly. I am also having the slider reference to the following instead: {{lighting_{{lighting_light_1_address_{{clientname}}}}_level}}

When the slider is then selected to change the value here is what fires off: Macro|Lighting|{{lighting_light_1_address_{{clientname}}}}~Level~{{value}}!Lighting.UpdateLights.Light1

Lighting.UpdateLights.Light1:
Macro|
Pause|1!
SetVariable|lighting_light_1_value_{{clientname}}~{{lighting_{{lighting_light_1_address_{{clientname}}}}_level}}

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Has the toggle on issue been fixed? I have the same issue as was outlined earlier in this thread - whenever you issue the toggle command it sends "ProcessCommand - Sending DOF to xxxxx with 0". The net effect is that if the light is on "toggle" turns it off but once its off "toggle" doesn't turn it back on.
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 am

Turn one of the affected lights on and off using the Lighting|<<id>>~On and Off commands. Does the server variable lighting_<<id>>_status variable track On and Off? Look at this device in the ISY driver device grid. Does the entry in the Status column for the light also track On and Off? In order for Toggle to work the driver needs to see the correct status of On and Off in the device grid.

GadgetGuru69

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Dave
just going to check with you and see if you are planning on adding the ability to pull in ISY variables into ML. Reason i ask is i have a bunch of temperatures i monitor over 1wire network that i push into variables in the ISY. I also have all of my power monitoring points done this way also it would be nice if i could get this info into ML. I am not interested in setting the these variables from ML only reading them. I am guessing you should just be able to add the to your subscription code that you have now and get them in to ML. Anyway let me know your thoughts on this if you would.

Thanks
Kevin

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 pm

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do that. If I can identify the query it will be easy to get them into variables.

GadgetGuru69

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 pm

I know how to do it with the rest commands but have never tried doing it via a subscription. Here is link over to ISY forum may have the info you need.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... les#p76459

Thanks for looking into it.

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 pm

I updated to the newest MLS and rebooted te ISY. One of those seemed to have fixed it.
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

GadgetGuru69

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:05 am

Dave
Just going to check in and see if you have had time to look at getting the ISY variables into the system yet?

markding

Postby markding » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Dave,

Is it possible to have a variable that shows whether a light is dimmable? I noticed that the plug in knows if the light is a dimmer or a switch, so it seems possible.

I am anticipating using this on a scene that is populated with FamilyBrowse, and certain lights would be dimmable and others just on/off.

Thank you.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Use the model name "dimmer" as the local off state for now. I'll add a flag variable in the near future.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:19 pm

The ISY Device driver has been updated.

1) The driver is now compatible with the new ISY devices. And supports version 4.0.5 firmware.
2) The Events system has been completely rewritten to be compatible with the latest ISY WSDL. You should no longer lose connection to the ISY and miss events.
3) The driver now supports ISY thermostats and is now a member of the Lighting and Climate families.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:42 am

Dave, I see the thermostat listed in the Climate Family Items, but don't see a "Climate" or "Thermostat" or "ISY-Thermostat" section in Command Builder. Anything additional I need to do to expose that in the "Select Command Class" menu?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:47 pm

My goof. I forgot to include the Climate-ISY xml file into the installer. If you download and re-install the ISY driver you'll now get the missing command builder file.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:08 am

Couple of questions re ISY994i.

1. Can we control a program? Would like to be able to "run if", "run then", "run else", "enable" and "disable". See image below. Programs do not show up in the list under Family->Lighting

2. ISY enables x-10 control, but since it doesn't show in a scene or a device, I don't see how to send X-10 commands. Program control above could solve this since you can build the X-10 command within a program.

3. Toggle command works on devices, but doesn't work on scenes, even though the toggle command shows up as a choice for scenes in command builder. I must use "on" or "off" to trigger a scene. That may be a limitation of the ISY, but if it can be fixed within MainLobby, it would be nice not to have to trigger on and off with separate buttons.

ISY Program Snippet.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:59 am

1. Can we control a program? Would like to be able to "run if", "run then", "run else", "enable" and "disable". See image below. Programs do not show up in the list under Family->Lighting

Yes - This is what the ISY SDK says the command is "/rest/programs/<pgm-id>/<pgm-cmd>" but it gives no definition of what <pgm-id> and especially <pgm-cmd> are supposed to look like.

2. ISY enables x-10 control, but since it doesn't show in a scene or a device, I don't see how to send X-10 commands. Program control above could solve this since you can build the X-10 command within a program.

Yes this is possible too but once again this is what is documented in the SDK "/rest/X10/<Housecode[Unitcode]>/<X10 command>" and there is no definition of what are the valid <X10 command> commands.

When I initially wrote the driver I asked the ISY about this and never got a response. I do not have an ISY for testing purposes so I just left it out of the driver.

3. Toggle command works on devices, but doesn't work on scenes, even though the toggle command shows up as a choice for scenes in command builder. I must use "on" or "off" to trigger a scene. That may be a limitation of the ISY, but if it can be fixed within MainLobby, it would be nice not to have to trigger on and off with separate buttons.

I'm not sure where this limitation lies. Like above there is little info in the SDK.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”