Dune HD Media Player Driver

Topics for MLServer Device Drivers
chiphayes

Re: Dune HD Media Player Driver

Postby chiphayes » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Dave...

From ML, I'm trying to get the remote control code for "select" to work using the Dune D1... The other controls (play, stop, up arrow, down arrow, etc.) all work fine, but the "select" button in the middle of the arrow keys doesn't seem to work. But using the Dune's actual remote does work. Looking at the logs, ML is sending the hex sequence "BD42BF00" but according to the Dune specs on their website, the code is the reverse of that, "00BF42BD."

Can't seem to find where/if I can change remote codes myself, or if it's hard-coded into the Dune driver.

Thanks...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:55 pm

The driver needs to send the 4 bytes in reverse order. That is why you see it reversed. Does the disc menu need the "Enter" command instead of "Select"?

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 pm

I've tried both "enter" (which is at the lower right corner of the number keys on the ML page) as well as "select" (in the middle of the arrow keys.)

Now that you mention it, the button in the center of the arrow keys on the DUNE remote IS labelled ENTER, so that may be the problem... it's not sending the right code.

To set up my problem: I'm playing ripped IFO files from my unraid server. When navigating the movie's menu options, I can move around fine with the arrow keys, but though ML's select button sends the string as I indicated, it doesn't do anything. The same button (in the center of the arrow keys and marked ENTER) on the DUNE remote works fine and starts the movie (or whatever menu option is selected.)

I'm not at my MLServer right now, so I can't check to see if the "enter" key on the page sends any code at all or not... I just know when I tried it as well, it didn't do the job either.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:09 pm

chiphayes wrote:I've tried both "enter" (which is at the lower right corner of the number keys on the ML page) as well as "select" (in the middle of the arrow keys.)

Now that you mention it, the button in the center of the arrow keys on the DUNE remote IS labelled ENTER, so that may be the problem... it's not sending the right code.

To set up my problem: I'm playing ripped IFO files from my unraid server. When navigating the movie's menu options, I can move around fine with the arrow keys, but though ML's select button sends the string as I indicated, it doesn't do anything. The same button (in the center of the arrow keys and marked ENTER) on the DUNE remote works fine and starts the movie (or whatever menu option is selected.)

I'm not at my MLServer right now, so I can't check to see if the "enter" key on the page sends any code at all or not... I just know when I tried it as well, it didn't do the job either.

Double check too that you are on the latest Cinemar dune driver.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 am

Mario...

Appears to be the latest driver: 4.0.4740.26950

I'll try re-installing anyway and see if that fixes things...

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:38 pm

Mario/Dave...

Reinstalling the Dune driver didn't change anything.

According the Dune Driver log, ML is sending the same hex code - 00 BF 42 BD (albeit reversed per Dave's earlier post) for both the ENT key (lower right key in the numeric cluster) as well as the enter key (shown in ML as just a circle) that is in the middle of arrow keys. Here's the Dune specs for the numeric cluster on their remote:

1 00 BF 0B F4
2 00 BF 0C F3
3 00 BF 0D F2
4 00 BF 0E F1
5 00 BF 0F F0
6 00 BF 01 FE
7 00 BF 11 EE
8 00 BF 12 ED
9 00 BF 13 EC
0 00 BF 0A F5
CLEAR 00 BF 05 FA
SELECT 00 BF 42 BD

Note the "select" code is what's marked as ENT on the ML generic remote screen in its numeric cluster. Now here's the Dune spec for the arrow navigation cluster:

UP 00 BF 15 EA
DOWN 00 BF 16 E9
LEFT 00 BF 17 E8
RIGHT 00 BF 18 E7
ENTER 00 BF 14 EB
RETURN 00 BF 04 FB
INFO 00 BF 50 AF
POP UP MENU 00 BF 07 F8
TOP MENU 00 BF 51 AE

The ENTER hex above - 00 BF 14 EB - is what the ML Circle-in-the-middle-of-the-arrows should be sending, but it's sending the same as the SELECT code from above (00 BF 42 BD).

Hope that makes sense...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Go into DVDLobby and then the Remote Tab for AV Family. Scroll down until you get to the Enter row. Change the word Select on the AV command to Enter. AV|{{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}}~Enter

Does that help? There are separate Select and Enter command. The DVDLobby remote is defaulting Select.

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Dave...

Bingo. That's what was happening. Working like it should now, thanks.

Chip

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Looking at the dune 3d base and the max. Anyone have info to compare? I want the 3d frame packed (iso), menus, MKV 3d, among all the generic formats. Does cinemar support the 3d base?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:42 am

Art Dustman wrote:Looking at the dune 3d base and the max. Anyone have info to compare? I want the 3d frame packed (iso), menus, MKV 3d, among all the generic formats. Does cinemar support the 3d base?

Hi Art,

We haven't officially tested with the 3D Base...but it should work with our existing Dune driver. I'm not sure what limitations it may have as far as menus go at this point. You may want to look for some online reviews and let us know what you find. We're hoping to have them available on our site for purchase later today.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 am

Dune's website claims "All Dune HD player models based on Sigma Designs chips 864x/865x/867x have support for IP Control" This suggests the current driver will support the new player.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:00 pm

The Dune HD Base 3D is now available for order from our website:
http://www.cinemarsolutions.com/products.php
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 pm

What's shipping to NJ (08081) approximately? In my cart it says I'm going to download it -- that would be cool.

...What's that?? First 5 orders ship free? lol

Thanks

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Art Dustman wrote:What's shipping to NJ (08081) approximately? In my cart it says I'm going to download it -- that would be cool.

...What's that?? First 5 orders ship free? lol

Thanks

Sorry - I've fixed the item to not be downloadable. :)

If I can figure that one out, we are really on to something. ;)
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Ordered. Guess I'll be testing this out for you guys. Can't wait to ditch the htpc and run with this.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”