Dune HD Media Player Driver

Topics for MLServer Device Drivers
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dune HD Media Player Driver

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:52 am

I too believe it is a rogue network device. Just like DaveB I was going to say to pull all the network cables off the central switch except for the NAS and the Dune to see what happens.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:05 pm

Solved!

Before I unraveled my network, I tried a few more things....
Re-tested the jacks to the 110 block to eliminate that - all pairs tested fine
Took the Dune unit to another room in the house and swapped ports on the switch so I was on the same port, but different room - Bingo 28-32 megabytes per second! (only diff now was TV and HDMI cable)

Eliminated the Network as an issue.

Noticed that I was on 1080P/24 hz and changed to 1080P/59.xx Hz -- no change in speed noted

Now it could only be that setting or HDMI cable -- and since I was tired, I just kept known good HDMI cable and tested again on the original network jack and TV - Bingo 28-32 megabytes per second!
Marked old HDMI cable as possibly bad, and all is well again. Still not sure why a different NAS box would post higher speeds, but it is really a different system (likely linux based NAS box vs Windows share)

Thanks for the posts.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Any reason the driver would not work with this: Dune HD TV303D WiFi 3D streamer ?
It's specs are identical to the regular dune, except would need a 2.5" drive, has 1 less usb port (but has a v3.0), no coax S/PDIF - None of which matter to me.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:46 pm

There is no reason unless their firmware doesn't support the same web api. Is there any useful information in the driver events? All the control is via web calls to the Dune's internal web server.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:51 pm

I'm just checking for any known problems before I click "buy" - I'll let you know when I get it if I have any issues.

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:10 am

I've been using a Dune 303d HD for the past year and haven't had any problems with the Dune Driver.

Regards,

Todd

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:56 pm

just got a dune player , have a problem with it seeing file on my server because it can logon is there any way to have it logon so it can see the movie file
let me know how

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 am

Hello AVDCORPNY. Just a couple words of advice. Dune recently came out with a major firmware upgrade. So, you should consider updating your unit if you haven't already. In addition to a better GUI front end, it seems to handle NAS drive logins better.

Depending on you NAS drive, you may need to create a guest user ID to access the specific folders that contain your movies. For testing purposes make the ID short and easy to key in, because you may need to play with the folder access rights later. I just used "a" and "a" for my user ID and password, until I got it working just right. Then I changed both to a much more secure setting. Also, make sure you have DLNA services turned on.

Once you select the NAS server on your network and key in your user ID and password, you should be able to see your folders. From there, you can play movies from ML as long as you have the server/filenames included in your content manager or of course using the Dune remote control.

I hope this helps!

-Todd

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:26 am

tmcgowan wrote:Hello AVDCORPNY. Just a couple words of advice. Dune recently came out with a major firmware upgrade. So, you should consider updating your unit if you haven't already. In addition to a better GUI front end, it seems to handle NAS drive logins better.

Depending on you NAS drive, you may need to create a guest user ID to access the specific folders that contain your movies. For testing purposes make the ID short and easy to key in, because you may need to play with the folder access rights later. I just used "a" and "a" for my user ID and password, until I got it working just right. Then I changed both to a much more secure setting. Also, make sure you have DLNA services turned on.

Once you select the NAS server on your network and key in your user ID and password, you should be able to see your folders. From there, you can play movies from ML as long as you have the server/filenames included in your content manager or of course using the Dune remote control.

I hope this helps!

-Todd

I select a nas sever but don't know how to enter id or password could give help with that, thank you

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:21 am

Sure. You'll need to access your NAS server's administrative console in order to create a guest user ID and password. How you get to the NAS Admin Console depends on who makes it. Sometimes it's as easy as pointing you web browser to it's IP address, other times you have to use Remote Desktop or even an installation disk/app that may have come with the drive. Do you know who makes yours? e.g, Western Digital, Maxtor, etc.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:48 am

tmcgowan wrote:Sure. You'll need to access your NAS server's administrative console in order to create a guest user ID and password. How you get to the NAS Admin Console depends on who makes it. Sometimes it's as easy as pointing you web browser to it's IP address, other times you have to use Remote Desktop or even an installation disk/app that may have come with the drive. Do you know who makes yours? e.g, Western Digital, Maxtor, etc.

I Was able to setup the dune , thank you for you help

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”