V4 HAI Device Driver

Topics for MLServer Device Drivers
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

V4 HAI Device Driver

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:53 pm

A native V4 device driver has been released supporting HAI automation panels. This is a total rewrite of the HAI control interface and only supports MLServer V4. Simply install the device driver and then configure the communication settings. HAI prefers the network interface but a serial connection is supported (but has not been tested here in the lab.)

Unlike previous versions of the plugin the new HAI driver supports the new V4 family metaphor. Once installed the driver will automatically download your entire HAI configuration from the controller and will automatically populate the Family Manager with the devices that it discovers. Currently the HAI driver supports 4 families (Security, Lighting, Climate and Control). Once your devices have been discovered you do not have to make any changes to them in the Family Manager. Everything should be auto-configured. In fact if you have to change something let us know because you should not have to.

The MainLobby V4 sample scenes have been updated to include a demo HAI scene showing typical control of each of these four family functions.

The following images show what you should expect to see once you have everything configured. Since this is the initial public release be on the lookout for any issues. The driver has been tested here in the lab and on one customer's installation and so far it has been performing well. Now it is time to see how well it plays in your environment. Let us know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: V4 HAI Device Driver

Postby pete_auto » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Dave / Mario,

The link (in Cinemar website) to purchase the upgrade to Security Family doesn't work. I am trying to buy the upgrade license since I am V3 license owner. Can you please check.

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks for finding that. It is now fixed.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: V4 HAI Device Driver - Issues Update

Postby DaveB » Sun May 27, 2012 10:11 am

Dave - I separated out the HAI thread from the Irrigation thread.

Running version 4.0.4527.17693 of the HAI driver and need to report the following issues;

1. The loading at initial start up is much improved. It is now very rare to get an unknown status after the initial read.
2. I am still getting a server slow down after 24 hours, but unlike prior, MLS is not locking up. If I open the HAI driver panel, it goes to not responding every 30 seconds or so for about 3 seconds or so.
3. The issue in number 2 was far worse when logging to file was enabled. I turned it off and things were much improved.
4. See my other comments concerning AUX Temp Sensors data not being converted from RAW and written to a variable and Humidity Sensor data not being converted and written to a variable. The Raw data is coming down from the panel according to the log files.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 am

Dave - Aux temps and Humidity work great - Thanks for the fix.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:31 am

Dave - I may have reported this too quickly. Aux temp and Humidity is not working. I swear it was working. Maybe I need new glasses.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:32 am

Dave - If you have a chance, can you please bring this one back to the surface? Aux Temp sensors and Humidity sensors do not work with the current version of the driver. The driver picks up the sensor and sends it to the correct class, but no data is received or updated.

Thanks
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Dave,
I know - broken record time, but have you gotten any closer to implementing the following two items?

1. Aux Temp Sensors implementation
2. Humidity Sensor implementation
3. Code for emergency - Typically activated by the keypad but exposed to the driver. (Burglary:1 or Fire:2) (see example below)

clsOL2MsgActivateKeypadEmg Msg = new clsOL2MsgActivateKeypadEmg(HAC.Connection);
Msg.Area = 1;
Msg.EmgType = 1; // burglary,
HAC.Connection.Send(Msg, null);
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Dave - Please see the screen shots below. Aux temp is working but the zone numbers are not correct and some are duplicated. Humidity seems to not be working.

Remote in if you need as I am traveling this week away from the home system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

bigbrother
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bigbrother » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Is there anyway to connect an HAI omnistat without the HAI control Panel? The omnistat has a serial interface.

Thanks BB

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:31 pm

We'd need to write a separate device driver for the HAI Omnistat. Need to track down the serial protocol for it.

bigbrother
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bigbrother » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Can communicate directly with the RS-232 port of a personal computer - no adapter required. Serial mode protocol:
addressable up to 127 units, bi-directional, 1 start bit, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit NRZ. 300 baud data rate. Can
communicate continuously without loss of function. Protocol is available from HAI web site (Serial Mode 2).

I attached to protocol
thanks BB

bigbrother
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bigbrother » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:23 pm

Just in case, here is the protocol for the omnistat2.

bigbrother
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bigbrother » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Has the omnistat been added to the HAI driver yet?

Thanks BB

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Yes, the HAI driver knows about the HAI thermostats.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”