Keep Track of TV Episodes Watched

Topics for MLServer Applets
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Keep Track of TV Episodes Watched

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 am

I am not sure if this belongs here or not, but I started adding TV shows to my system, and I am clicking on the Screening Queue box when I add them, but when I look at the discs (episodes) an DVDLobby the only thing that shows up is the disc itself. I am able to see all the episodes in the list, but I would like to be able to keep track of what episodes that I still need to watch. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Keep Track of TV Episodes Watched

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:29 am

There is an entry in the database table that tracks the number of times a disc has been played. I just modified DVDLobby. When you are browsing discs you will now have a new variable {{Movies_Selection_DiscWatched_N_{{clientname}}}} that you can use as a flag to show whether the disc has been played or not. When the value is "0" it has not been watched. When "1" you've watched it. You'll have to modify the Disc Browser overlay to add an object that tracks this flag.

I think this should be what you need?

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Thanks Dave I will try this out.

I tried it and I put a button on the overlay that turns red or green if watched. That works great. The problem I am having is the button is still showing when there isn't five episodes available. How can I hide the button, but still have it show red or green when there is an episode available?

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 am

It's a binary flag. Either watched or not watched. There is no 3rd state that would allow the hiding off the button. Are you prepopulating the episodes in the database before you have media to play?

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:09 am

If I understand your question, yes I have the discs in the content manager and in the changers. I see the variables working like you say, but I am trying to get the button that I created to not show on the overlay if there is only say 4 episodes, not the 5 that the overlay shows.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:47 pm

There is nothing you can do in the designer to hide the unwanted button. You need a 3rd state and none of the objects support that. You could take the button and make it a child of the button showing the episode title by editing the raw html file. That would make the button invisible when the parent is invisible. But once you have made the edit in the raw html file you will no longer be able to edit the overlay in the designer.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:39 am

OK thanks. I will look into this more and see what works for me. I don't really mind the extra buttons showing up, but I was just wondering if there was a way to hide them.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”