Content Manager

Topics for MLServer Applets
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Content Manager

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:50 am

I could be wrong, becuase I have been in the past with how this stuff is set up, but i have noticed that there appears to be more than one trailer for each movie. So I am assuming that is why it does not play automatically.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:36 am

I would have to modify the Javascript to make a trailer auto-play. So it is expected behavior. While the vast majority of movies will have one trailer many of the more popular movies will have multiple. We support up to 9 on the UI. That explains the current logic of sliding up the trailer view let the user play the trailer(s) and then when done slide it away.

There are other changes in the works. Like movie pre-roll and post-roll options along with special effects. The pre/post roll effects would be easy to implement if there was only one media player to deal with but having to support N number of ways to do it muddies the waters.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:52 pm

new dvd by using lookup from local drive is not opening up , please fix this dave . thank you

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:55 pm

That feature has been temporarily disabled. It is coming back.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 pm

GREAT we used that to rip dvd, about how long before it back

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Use the AV Agent for auto-ripping and cataloging?

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:01 pm

it don't do it right , i have to make change to correct error, the looup from local drive work great no error

randyf

Postby randyf » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:58 pm

I'm not getting any of the movie trailers to show up in the movie trailer overlay scene. Almost all of my movies have a value in the YouTube Trailers field and the View Trailer button is active (along with the movies_selection_hastrailer_{{clientname}} variable having a value of 1). But when I click on the View Trailer button, none of the trailer buttons have a value in them. In looking at the variables, it seems that none of the movies_selection_trailer_1_url_{{clientname}}, movies_selection_trailer_2_url_{{clientname}} etc. variables have values in them. Any thoughts on what might be happening or further troubleshooting steps? I have the latest version of all of the components.

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:13 pm

First check to make sure that the movie trailers are being locally downloaded. The root folder for these trailers is specified in DVDLobby settings. DVDLobby will automatically download movie trailers every night.

randyf

Postby randyf » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:48 am

I didn't realize that the Trailers Folder configuration was required in order to view trailers. I thought that was only if you wanted to speed things up by caching the trailers locally and if the value was not specified, it would still call a URL to stream the trailer.

Yesterday, I used Content Manager to refresh all of the metadata for my movies and I verified that there was value in the YouTube Trailers field for most movies. Then while checking the things you asked about today, I noticed that all of the YouTube Trailer values are missing. I confirmed that I have a value in the Trailers Folder configuration and the DVDLobby log file indicates that it performed its trailer processing earlier this morning but no trailers were downloaded. The directory structure is there with all of the Year folders but nothing is in them.

Next, I updated two movies and used the Refresh Metadata option to get the latest movie information and this populated the YouTube Trailers field with values. I then used Command Builder to issue a DVDLobby|RefreshTrailers command and once that process completed, it wiped out the values in the YouTube Trailers field for those movies and didn't download any of the trailers. Here's the log output from that test:

3/16/2015 12:36:59 PM DoCommand RCVD: RefreshTrailers from MyClient1
3/16/2015 12:36:59 PM Trailers Begin Movie Trailer Processing
3/16/2015 12:36:59 PM Trailers Process Trailer for movie (2008) 10,000 BC
3/16/2015 12:36:59 PM Trailers Process Featurette for movie (2013) 2 Guns
3/16/2015 12:36:59 PM Trailers Process Trailer for movie (2013) 2 Guns
3/16/2015 12:36:59 PM Trailers End Movie Trailer Processing. Added 0 new trailers.

Let me know what else you would like me to look at.

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Trailers are cached locally not only so they will play faster but more importantly if we were to play them from their YouTube source you would end up with ads being injected into the video stream. Playing them from a local cache is a more enjoyable experience.

When the RefreshTrailers process runs it will try to download the file and when the download completes it will verify the file exists. If it doesn't or if the process of downloading the file throws an error it assumes the trailer file is either bad or points to an expired Youtube video. If either case it will remove the entry from the metadata. This is what you are seeing. So is DVDLobby throwing errors during the RefreshTrailers? Watch the DVDLobby event log next time it is run.

randyf

Postby randyf » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 am

Last night, I updated the YouTube Trailer field for 4 recent movies (from 2014) so that they would have a value. Here's what those values were:

trailer_info.PNG

I let the normal overnight process run and no trailers were downloaded and there were no errors in the DVDLobby log file - the full log file is attached. The YouTube Trailer field for the above movies is now blank.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:13 am

I have 2,487 trailers downloaded locally via DVDLobby so the process is not broken. The only thing I can suggest is let me remote into your system and monitor the process on your system so I can see what it is doing there.

randyf

Postby randyf » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:02 am

Dave - sent you a PM with the TeamViewer details.

Thanks

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Would love to see "Genre" as a Movie Browser Column selection? Ability to sort movies by Genre would really help in using the Genre replace tool. Can it be done?

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”