Content Manager

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Content Manager

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Content Manager has received a significant update today. Several new fields have been added to the Movies Database table. These fields include the following:
Media Type - Movie / TV Show etc.
Season # - Used to track TV Shows Seasons/Series
Season Label - The name of the TV Season/Series
Tag Line - Typically one sentence that uniquely describes the movie
Production Company - kind of obvious
Budget - Displays the estimated budget
Box Office - current box office gross
YouTube Tailers - collection of movie trailers. Supports multiple trailers.
IMDB ID - the unique ID for this movie on IMDB.com
TMDB ID - the unique ID for this movie on TheMovieDatabase.com

When adding or updating movies content manager will now augment metadata collected from our master database of movies and TV shows with metadata it collects from TheMovieData.com, FanArt.TV and IMDB.com. You will now be presented with the most complete set of metadata found in any media application.

Movie data can be refreshed by editing the movie and pressing the "Refresh Metadata" button or in batch which I'll talk about later on. Here's what the new editor dialog looks like.
CM-Editor1.jpg

When the metadata data is being refreshed the logic is to first pull in the data from the master database. Then do a lookup on TheMovieDatabase.com to find a match on the movie title and production year. If a match is found then the data from TMDB is brought down along with additional information from IMDB and FanArt.TV. Since our master database does not yet have TMDB IDs associated with the movies it all hinges on finding a correct match between the Title and Production Year. You'll want to make sure this information is as accurate as possible.

Additionally if the entry is a TV Show and the correct Season/Series number has been entered that all of the episode information for that season will be brought down and put into the Movie Discs grid. The most important fields here are the Episode Title and Episode Description. As in the following.
CM-Editor-2.jpg

Rules for Poster/Front cover. If you have the option "Also Refresh Artwork" checked off then the refresh will also include updating the Movie Poster Image, Front Cover Image and all found Fan Art. The most popular poster as voted on TMDB is used as the Front cover image and the second most popular poster becomes the new Poster image. This will give you very high resolution artwork for your scenes.

But you've got a ton of movies and you cannot do them all single file you say?

Well you can do all of this in batch mode. Select the "Refresh Movie Data" option from the Add Movies menu and you will see the following dialog:
CM-Metadata.jpg

Since your existing database is missing TMDB and IMDB IDs it is strongly recommended that you do the bulk updates in several passes. Here is what I recommend.

Step 1 - manually go through your movies and for EVERY TV show make sure you have the Media Type set to "TV Shows" and the Season # set to the correct season/series number.
Step 2 - do a complete pass on the database just selecting the "Find Missing TMDB IDs" option. Once this completes do a scan of your movies seeing how many TMDB IDs have been matched. You can quickly do this by adding the TMDB ID as one of the fields displayed on the master movie grid.
Step 3 - if you are happy with the TMDB IDs then make a full pass using the "Find Missing IMDB Numbers" option. Then repeat Step 2 adding the IMDB number to the grid.
Step 4 - Make a final pass on the entire database. If you want new artwork make sure the "Refresh Existing Cover Art" is checked off before you press start.

Wow, do I really have to do all this work?

You only have to do this IF you are interested in seeing all the new metadata. If this data is of no use to you then you do not have to do any of these steps.

Now you know why I suggested making a backup.

Ok but how does all of this fancy new data get used?

Have a look at some movie scenes from the current sample iPad web app.
Hi resolution artwork in play
Movies-TV1.jpg

along with detailed episode information
Movies-TV2.jpg

But wait there's more!
Movies.jpg

and then look at the movie info
Movies-Info.jpg

or perhaps the cast and crew
Movies-CastCrew.jpg

or maybe just watch a trailer
Movies-Trailers.jpg

now we're cooking....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Re: Content Manager

Postby AVDCORPNY » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:28 pm

errors with IMDB not working

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:40 pm

And those errors are?

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:49 pm

CinemarDave wrote:And those errors are?

getimbdata at line 2340

randyf

Postby randyf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:28 pm

A small problem that I noticed. Some of my movie records didn't have a Media Type defined, so when I opened the record, I received the following error:

Error at LoadMovies at line #2084 - Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

You can just click OK on the message dialog and then you can edit the movie and save it.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Problem add Movies when used lookup from local drive , not working will not open up

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:49 pm

I was wondering what makes the {{movies_selection_hastrailer_{{clientname}}}} variable work? I was looking at my movies in the content manager and I see the YouTube Trailers & Trailer file boxes are populated, but if I look at the movie in the app on Chrome the button is greyed out. Also, I have noticed that on some of my movies the Trailer file box is populated, but the YouTube trailers box isn't, but the Trailer button is active, but no trailer plays.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:53 pm

The logic is if there are entries in the YouTube field then those entries are use to build the trailer variables and set the hastrailer flag. If the field is blank then we look to see if there is anything in the trailer file field. If there is and it is a valid path then the trailer flags are set.

From what you describe there is something amiss in my logic so I'll have a look at it.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm finding that me adding "3D" to the title, and creating a Media type of "Blu ray 3D" is preventing the TMDB from updating. Is there a way to ignore these characters? I modified these to be able to sort and filter easier for the kids, but now it's biting me..

Update: it seems the TMDB ID is particularly sensitive to the Title. Stripping the "3D" and putting it back manually gets the correct ID. Also noticed that titles such as "Star Wars V: A New Hope" likes just "A New Hope" and gets the ID correct. Interestingly most of them use the ":" as a separator. So cutting out one half of the title on either side gets the correct ID. Then paste it back and save.
Last edited by Art Dustman on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:41 pm

On some movies, I'm getting a Error at LoadMovie at line #2084 - Data is Null
It does load, but I'm not sure what is Null; I assume it's a new field that isn't populated yet

Some Movies yield a Error at GetTMDBMovie Data at line 2748 - Object ref not set to instance. This is a newer bluray 3D, maybe something isn't there you expect? Book of Life 3D, Boxtrolls 3D too
Last edited by Art Dustman on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Is there a way to:

Keep my sort in the content manager - it's a pain to keep re-sorting the data to make changes
Enable the grouping in the grid control?

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:48 pm

X-men origins

Error at savemovie at line 4789 - sqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM

I see that lastplayed and this one had only a time. But another disc had a good datetime and still failed.. must be something else I can't see

Updating date added field allows save without this error...

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Been busy today. Is there a way to fire autoplay on the trailers and close the trailer window when finished?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:57 pm

A small problem that I noticed. Some of my movie records didn't have a Media Type defined, so when I opened the record, I received the following error:
Error at LoadMovies at line #2084 - Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.
You can just click OK on the message dialog and then you can edit the movie and save it.

This is the new SortOrder field on the Movies_MovieCast table not initialized properly. When the DBUpdate routine ran it created the new field in the table and then immediately set all those fields to 0. Somehow this did not happen on your system.

On some movies, I'm getting a Error at LoadMovie at line #2084 - Data is Null
It does load, but I'm not sure what is Null; I assume it's a new field that isn't populated yet

Same as above

Some Movies yield a Error at GetTMDBMovie Data at line 2748 - Object ref not set to instance. This is a newer bluray 3D, maybe something isn't there you expect? Book of Life 3D, Boxtrolls 3D too

This is the same missing sortorder field coming into play. Not expected.

Is there a way to:
Keep my sort in the content manager - it's a pain to keep re-sorting the data to make changes
Enable the grouping in the grid control?

Saving a movie will automatically refresh the grid. Not sure if I can preserve the grid state. Will investigate.

Error at savemovie at line 4789 - sqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM

This is a missing "DateAdded" field. This is already fixed in the upcoming release.

Been busy today. Is there a way to fire autoplay on the trailers and close the trailer window when finished?

No, on mobile devices. On mobile devices video and/audio playback must be initiated by a user request. On desktop browsers you can start immediate video playback but would you really want a trailer to start playing every time you viewed a movie?

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:45 pm

No, on mobile devices. On mobile devices video and/audio playback must be initiated by a user request. On desktop browsers you can start immediate video playback but would you really want a trailer to start playing every time you viewed a movie?

Tried it on kiosk. When I click the button for Play trailer, it brings up the window with the player, but I have to click the play button to start it otherwise the blank pop-up window just sits there. When the trailer finishes, the blank window just sits there. It seems to me to make it seamless, it should play once I click play trailer (open window and start) and close the window at the finish of the trailer. Am I not seeing the expected behavior? I wouldn't want a trailer to play when I view a movie file... only after saying to play the trailer.

Fantastic job by the way. It's a really nice set of feature you added!

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”