Google Calendar App Released

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Google Calendar App Released

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:08 pm

If anyone is using Google Calendar we now have an app for you. The new Calendar app will allow you to define and unlimited number of Google accounts and then will let you browse the calendar entries from within the software. The iPad and Android sample scenes have been updated with a sample scene. The MainLobby client sample scenes will be updated shortly.

Give it a test and let us know how it works. It is meant to be a quick read-only view of the appointments calendars. Depending on need other features could be added. This app is meant to be the replacement for the legacy MLCalendar plugin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Google Calendar App Released

Postby ronsatter » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Does it auto-sync with Google Calendars?

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Right now it refreshes dynamically as you press buttons. The capability exists to auto-sync but you are browsing against the live calendar. It is not cached locally.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 am

Hi Dave,

Installed and working on my tablet.

Suggestions:

1. Appointments scene should open to the current date and automatically display the appointments for the day.

2. The "Today" button should return you to the current month and display the appointments for the "Current" day.

3. Include "PrevDay" / "NextDay" commands which also display appointments for that day.

4. Expose the Google Calendar "Description" field to add to the variables like {{gcalendar_activity_1_desc_{{clientname}}}}

5. Add settings option to show "US Holidays" calendar.

Good start :D

Ron

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:32 am

I installed this morning and I have three calendars setup under my gmail account, and I setup the alias' in the app, but the only events showing up on the ipad are the ones for my calendar. Should the plugin show all events from all calendars, or do each alias have to have their own account? Also, when I select on the other alias, the events from my calendar show up under their appointments.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:28 am

All of the calendar functions are performed using the current active alias. That's we the app logs in as when querying the calendar. Are your events shared with the other people? Maybe that is why they are showing up? If that's the case then some additional filtering may be needed.

Ron, all good suggestions.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:19 pm

To test how to create events I created three events in each calendar, one Private, one Public, and one Default. The appointments that I created under Rob show up on the iPad under all three appointment alias'. The ones that I created under the Dale and Erin calendar (under the same user name and password as Rob), don't show up at all. I have tried clicking the Refresh button, closing the iPad app, and selecting another day or person. Nothing helps them to show up. I am assuming that the individual calendars won't show up under the same login information??

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Calendar was updated today.

New commands NextDay and PrevDay for browsing days.
Today will bring you to today's activities.
The event description is now available.

IPad, Android and MainLobby sample scenes have been updated.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:19 pm

I have noticed that it matters in what order the events are created as to how they are displayed in the app, not the actual time of the events. Not a big deal, but if an event gets added later then it will be out of order. I don't know if this is fixable or not.

Thanks for a great app.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 am

I'm using the Google api sort order ascending option. I assumed they would sort the events by time. I'll dig into the api to see what field they are sorting on. It would make sense to always sort by event time.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks Dave.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Dave,

Nice work! Simple and easy to use.

Google calendar syncs with all my other devices continuously, so whenever I view this app, it is always up to date.

My vote is to leave this app as a "read only" ... it's easy to create appointments with other devices, and you don't have to sync back to Google Calendar from ML.

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:54 pm

today's update should resolve the sorting issue.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi Folks,

Here's a screen shot of the new calendar app on my tablet using my custom theme:
Calendar.jpg

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ronsatter on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Dave,

I would like to add a background object under every calendar cell that would display/hide if the cell number is active/inactive (1/0).
This would bring attention to the active cell on the calendar, by using the state variable properties of the objects.

I tried using the variables {{gcalendar_cell23_active_{{clientname}}}} and {{gcalendar_cell24_active_{{clientname}}}} as a test.

See screenshots:
Calendar.jpg

I created two objects (cell23 and cell24) which correspond to this month dates of today 2/18 and tomorrow 2/19. They are visible above the regular calendar cell objects.

Here is the properties window of cell23 with the settings for the state variable {{gcalendar_cell23_active_{{clientname}}}}
Cell23.jpg

Here is the properties window of cell24 with the settings for the state variable {{gcalendar_cell24_active_{{clientname}}}}
Cell24.jpg

This seems like it should work to me. Depending on which cell is active, it should become visible while the other cell becomes invisible.

The variable values are changing from 1 to 0 when I toggle between the two active cells, but the objects do not appear/disappear. Cell23 remains visible when cell24 is active and cell 24 never appears when it is active.

Do you see any reason why this should not work?

Ron

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”