Google Calendar App Released

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Google Calendar App Released

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:00 pm

There is nothing in the app that currently looks for that. I do not use Google Calendar myself so I'm not familiar with the full feature set. I'll look into this and if it is exposed in the api I'll update the app.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Just now trying this app. I am getting the following error the same as others but I didn't see the fix.

Error at LoadCalendars at line #198 - Could not load file or assembly 'System.Threading.Tasks, Version=2.6.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I'm running Win7 64 bit. .NET 4.0.30319

Tried restarting MLServer a few times, no dice.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:07 pm

The Calendar app requires changes to the machine.config file in the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config folder. The current version of MLServer will attempt to automatically make those changes. This error message implies that the change was never made. I can remote into your PC and have a look. You'll need to install TeamViewer 9 or 10 (NOT 11) and send me the TeamViewer ID and password in an email.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:11 pm

PM sent.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Thx for fixing my calendar app.

One thing I'm now noticing is that calendar entries aren't in chronological order. If I have 4 calendar entries I'm noticing the 12:45PM one is first, 7PM second, 8:30AM third and 9:30AM last. Shouldn't activity_1 be the earliest calendar entry in the day?

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Two things need fixing with this app.

1) Multi day events don't show up
2) events are listed in order of when they were created instead of their start time on that day.

Are these known issues and being worked on?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Not sure if I ever tested multi-day events. I will.

For me my day events are showing chronologically. I'll have to experiment to see why you are not seeing that.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:46 am

Dave,

For issue #2 I can confirm that the google calendar app will populate the "activity_x" variables based on their creation date and not based on start time of the event. If you create a calendar entry for today at 9PM and then create another one for today at 8AM you'll see that the 8AM one will be listed second even though the start time is earlier. If you create them in reverse they will be listed correctly.

Also, did you have any time to look at issue #1 with multi day events?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:41 am

On my top 5 list of items to look at but I have not had an opportunity to do so yet. Thanks for the update.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Just checking back on this and whether you need a system to test with or just haven't had the time.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Not had time to look at it. Working on the Google Play Music app that will replace Songza when Songza gets turned off at the end of the month.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Working on an "invention project" with my daughter (yes, teaching her to make screens in Cinemar) and we need a log of events. I jumped ahead and tied into the gcalendar and realized it's read only.

Not sure if you have a rough beta to do the events.insert() method. Otherwise I'll have to spend a bunch of time creating a pseudo-calendar and keeping an array of logs. I'm going to try to write it out to a db I created and bring that back to look like a calendar but it's gonna be ugly. I was trying to make it "cloud" friendly for her demo - thought it would be nice to show how changes are right on the mobile device calendar. Can't think of another method. Going forward, would be nice to setup a gcal to log important/critical events to view at a glance.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Yes, Calendar is read only. Google made it hard enough to read the events. Writing is something I could look into.

The server has a built-in data logger but I've never built out a UI to browse it. If the data logger would be of use I could create a web service for browsing. However, do you need it in a calendar like view?

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Not necessarily. I could probably use a time stamp to overlay it where I need it. Does mlmath know how to add/subtract days hours minutes from a stamp?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

No MLMath doesn't know how to do that right now.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”