Amazon Instant Video

Topics for MLServer Applets

Would you want to see an app for browsing and watching Amazon Movies and TV Shows?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 am

Yes, why haven't you done this sooner?
63%
No, don't waste your time.
38%

Total votes: 8

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amazon Instant Video

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:40 am

Amazon has a video on demand service just like Netflix. If you are an Amazon prime customer you can to watch the bulk of their movies and TV shows for free for being a prime member. It would be possible to build an Amazon app similar to the Netflix app that would allow you to browse the entire catalog and pick a movie or TV show to watch. This would only be for Amazon prime members. What we'd like to know is if there is demand. So here's the poll.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Amazon Instant Video

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Interesting that 28 people have viewed this post and only 6 have voted and the results are a tie. I guess it does tell us the Amazon has a long way to go before people what to consume their content.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm up for amazon plugin. I would ultimately like to mesh all the video products into one large search/view tool. Would be nice to simply lookup a movie and have it play, not caring where it was coming from.

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Dave...

Must've missed this thread. I'd love an Amazon driver as well.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:29 pm

I was planning on doing it anyways just for myself because I find Amazon has a better selection of what I want to watch over Netflix. It will happen soon.

thefortres

Postby thefortres » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm an Amazon VOD user also. Would love to see a way for ML Server to push the stream through DLNA to my Oppo BDP-103. I might be missing something, but I don't see a way to "Vote" on this thread.

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:04 am

^ Up at the top it says the poll ended back in September.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:16 am

In the background I am working on the Amazon app. It will work just like the Netflix app. Like Netflix, Amazon videos are loaded with DRM and we will not have a lot of flexibility in how and where we can play them. We will be restricted to launching the video in the full screen Amazon player that is PC based. So like Netflix it will launch a kiosk browser window running the player on a PC. More as development progresses.

As for the Oppo-103. I'm not sure what DLNA capabilities the device exposes. I'd really have to play with one for a few days to see what we can do with it. They to not have anything on their website that talks about it and my email response from tech support was that they "thought" it work work. So finding the correct DLNA command to send to an Oppo to play a DRM'd Amazon movie may be a bit of a challenge.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”