Irrigation 4

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Irrigation 4

Postby CinemarDave » Thu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Version 4 of the Irrigation App is now available for download and testing. V4 Irrigation represents a total rewrite of the V3 plugin. Similar functionality has been maintained while bringing the code base up to date. Some new features in this release is integration with Intellicast weather to help steer programming logic. It is now possible to skip program schedules if it has recently rained or is going to rain.

An unlimited number of irrigation zones are supported. Each zone is married to a "Control Family" device. So any member of the Control Family can be used as the control interface for the zone. I have tested locally with the Rain8 driver but any device driver that exposes itself as a member of the Control family can be used. HAI, Insteon, Vera and UPB are additional options. More Control Family drivers will be released in the near future.

To assist in V3 migrations an import option is available on the File Menu to allow you to import your V3 Irrigation database. After a V3 import you will need to associate each of the imported zones with a Control Family device. This cannot be done automatically.

The V4 sample scenes have been refreshed with a complete set of Irrigation scenes you can use with the new App.

A Wiki page has also been put together for additional information.

Feel free to download and test. Please report any issues or feature requests in this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Irrigation Public Preview

Postby CinemarDave » Mon May 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Today's Irrigation update all Rule Editing and History browsing from the Client.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Dave and DaveB,

I've been watching the dev of this app for the last two weeks. You guys have teamed up for a useful, well-tested, and nice looking design for this app. If all the apps in the ML4 suite evolve to this level, Cinemar will need to double their asking prices. Anyone who is still living in ML V3 land, needs no more incentive to switch to ML V4 than this.

Keep up the excellent work!

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 15, 2012 11:07 am

That's why I enjoy releasing the apps and drivers early on. It's the great feedback we get that makes our products so much better.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

New update. This one exposes all the weather variables.

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Thu May 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Dave,

What does the "Seasonal Adjust" settings do ???
Erik

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu May 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Adjusts the watering times by the specified amount so you don't have to reprogram your programs for different seasons. If it is the rainy season you can set the seasonal adjust to 50 and your watering times will be cut in half (50%). If its the dry season then you can make it 150 for longer watering times.

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Thu May 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Cool,
I like that.

Thanks Dave.
Erik

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Can a new set of history variables be created which simply writes the date & time that each program was last started? One variable for each program's start date & time... {{Program1_LastRunTime}} {{Program2_LastRunTime}} etc...

Basically I just want program based history vs. the current zone based history.

The current history is just too much information to be useful in my 20 zone setup. I have to scroll through page after page of history trying to find out when the last time one of my programs ran.

-Kyle

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”