MLServer 4 A/V Agent

Topics for MLServer Applets
sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: MLServer 4 A/V Agent

Postby sbuckler » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:48 am

Running win7 x64. Also my htpc running Geovision software, MLServer etc.
Stan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Sorry the Agent is compiled against .Net 4.0. I read it wrong previously and thought you were talking about the Installation Assistant. This is something I will have to remote into the PC to look at. It is definitely a .net mismatch of some sort.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 pm

I've spent about 8 hrs total on this and gave up. I'm re-installing on a clean drive. Actually doing it now and working on getting my cameras all back up. Will let u know

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:14 pm

All set back up. AV agent working

Only issue I'm having which took me some time to figure out..

I have three sources for movies:
777es
7000es
powerdvd

The power DVD runs as long as I manually set the variable: movies_activeplayer_{{whatever location}} to 3 (which is the power dvd source)
When I play a bluray, "something" sets the same variable to BDP1 (which is correct)
When I go to play a Powerdvd source again, it's still stuck at BDP1

Still not sure why the powerdvd driver is even looking at the variable, isn't that the old school way? For now I'm forcefully setting the AV family to 3 every play command.

How do I get this to set the correct player?

Also, I was using a custom command at the end of each player source to give on-screen instructions as to what input on the tv, mode on receiver, and what HDMI matrix setting to use (yes, until I automate it!) -- now I really can't tell what player is the active one. I'm a bit lost now.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Ughh. I still can't figure this out.

Can't get the system to change the activeplayer AV|2 or AV|3 (powerdvd or bluray)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:24 am

When you are in the DVDLobby scenes you will see a settings button. On that scene you will see options for setting the movie play location. This can be set on a client by client basis. Once set it becomes the default for that client. The manipulates the {{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}} server variable. You will see that the DVDLobby Play commands use this variable to steer the commands to the appropriate driver.

Also the DVDLobby play movie commands for the CX777ES and CX7000ES will automatically set this variable based on the changer number for the movie. You'll see the same variable appearing in those commands and remote control commands too.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm not sure I'm following. I see the settings button wich gives me the powerdvd and Bluray player. Are you saying that since I use a 777 and 7000 and powerdvd as sources, then by setting the powerdvd as my "default" the two changers will override this?

I'm expecting that no matter what the user does, when they pick a movie it will play using the correct driver and provide that info so I can swith to the proper inputs on tv, receiver and hdmi matrix.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm gonna need some help Dave. I wasted an entire day now trying to get this working and I'm pretty frustrated.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Send me your current TeamViewer info and I'll look at how it is set up.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Anyone who has the Netflix working in a remote client, please let me know your config for the fsmy manager, driver, av agent at the client and browser at the client. I have not been able to get this to work. Odd thing is that I can manually play Netflix from these remote clients, and on a clean new client when I "tell" it to play thru the av agent, although it didn't play, my login and password were there on the browser when I manually went to Netflix.com ... So it did something, just not playing the movie. Which makes me think I need some kind of iE settings.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Found the problem. The Netflix app thru whatever mechanism that determines what client to direct the play command to is translating the alias instead of the ID in the family manager. For example:

ID 5, alias = HTPC
ID 6, alias = Emily's Room

When any client tells Netflix to play to HTPC as the location, it's translating to the alias like this:

AV|HTPC~PlayMovie~70100575 (which is wrong because the syntax is expecting the ID of 5, not the alias - so it fails silently)

By changing the alias to 5, we see this command which works

AV|5~PlayMovie~70100575

So whatever is translating the command (Netflix driver is suspect) needs to be updated to use the ID

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Art Dustman wrote:Found the problem. The Netflix app thru whatever mechanism that determines what client to direct the play command to is translating the alias instead of the ID in the family manager. For example:

ID 5, alias = HTPC
ID 6, alias = Emily's Room

When any client tells Netflix to play to HTPC as the location, it's translating to the alias like this:

AV|HTPC~PlayMovie~70100575 (which is wrong because the syntax is expecting the ID of 5, not the alias - so it fails silently)

By changing the alias to 5, we see this command which works

AV|5~PlayMovie~70100575

So whatever is translating the command (Netflix driver is suspect) needs to be updated to use the ID

Nice dective work, Art =D>

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks Ron... Were you having issues on remote clients as well, or am I just the only lucky person to have this issue?

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 am

Art Dustman wrote:Thanks Ron... Were you having issues on remote clients as well, or am I just the only lucky person to have this issue?

It's weird how some bugs can hide for months. I had never got around to playing NetFlix movies on a client.

I am noticing a similar syntax issue with some of the commands in MusicLobby. I posted it recently. The Command Builder syntax uses "names" instead of "ids" for certain MusicLobby "Append" commands and "names" don't work. The new version 4 MusicLobby app uses custom scripts like "PlayMusicSearch('n')" to accomplish the "drill-down" technique used in the "Search" scene.

I suspect the syntax got changed in the scripts and never got updated in the Commander Builder, similar to the NetFlix syntax issue.

EDIT:

I poked around in the Scripts.js file and found this function call:

function PlayMusicSearch(item) {
$(".music_search_type_{{clientname}}").each(function(index) {
switch ($(this).text()) {
case '1': DoCommand("MusicLobby|AppendAlbum~{"+"{music_search_" + item + "_id_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}~{"+"{music_activesource_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}");break;
case '2': DoCommand("MusicLobby|AppendArtist~{"+"{music_search_" + item + "_id_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}~{"+"{music_activesource_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}");break;
case '3': DoCommand("MusicLobby|AppendAlbum~{"+"{music_search_" + item + "_id_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}~{"+"{music_activesource_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}");break;
case '4': DoCommand("MusicLobby|AppendTrackNext~{"+"{music_search_" + item + "_id_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}~{"+"{music_activesource_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}");break;
case '5': DoCommand("MusicLobby|AppendGenre~{"+"{music_search_" + item + "_id_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}~{"+"{music_activesource_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}");break;
case '6': DoCommand("MusicLobby|AppendMood~{"+"{music_search_" + item + "_id_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}~{"+"{music_activesource_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}");break;
case '7': DoCommand("MusicLobby|AppendStyle~{"+"{music_search_" + item + "_id_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}~{"+"{music_activesource_{{clientname}}"+"}"+"}");break;
}});}

It uses "id" for all the "Append Commands".

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Yikes! Just realized why my remote location are all crazy. Dave we seem to have reverted to 4 remote locations in the AV agent for music, etc. You updated it a while back to make it 20. One of the recent updates lost all that.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”