MLServer 4 A/V Agent

Topics for MLServer Applets
Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: MLServer 4 A/V Agent

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:30 am

Hmm. This may just be an old issue. I now have 14 clients and am out of remote locations to play content. Dave, any way we can update the AV agents and Apps to allow me to send any of the sources to any of my clients instead of the limit of 4?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:12 pm

The A/V Agent is built to assume it will be running on a remote PC with a maximum of one 7.1 audio card in it providing up to 4 unique stereo zones. Are you building A/V Agent PCs with multiple sound cards in them? I would have to do a lot of re-writing on the Agent to build in that support.

Or is it just a configuration issue. Consider MusicLobby. Let's say you want MusicLobby zones 10,11,12 and 13 to be on one remote PC using the AV Agent. You would configure MusicLobby so that zone 10 would be associated with zone 1 on the agent, MusicLobby zone 11 would be zone 2 on the remote agent, MusicLobby zone 12 would be zone 3 on the remote agent and MusicLobby zone 13 would be zone 4 on the remote.

Then MusicLobby zone 14 was pointed to yet another remote av agent. MusicLobby Zone 14 would point to Zone 1 on the other remote PC.

When you look at the agents themselves and look on the Sessions tab you will see the Local Zone and Remote Zone mappings.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:59 pm

Maybe my config has become all messed up along with my explanation. With the exception of one pc, all utilize a single output from a soundcard. I want any of the clients to be able to play:

Musiclobby (has 16 sources)
Pandora (has only 4 "sources") - can't do more than 4 clients
Internet Radio (has only 4 "sources") - can't do more than 4 clients
Tune-In (has only 4 "sources")

So not all clients can use all the sources - and I mess myself up by trying to enable them on the fly depending upon which room I'm in, and without a map in my hands of all these clients, I fubar my entire setup.

If I understand all this correctly and the following is just for my own sanity trying to keep track of all these clients and zones:
1. Once a remote zone is defined for a source, shouldn't that zone be disabled for the same source (assuming name/ip match) to prevent me making harm to myself :) - perhaps once defined to the client it enables only the applicable choices? (inherit and/or config from ml server where it's easier to manage)
2. Once a source is utilized, make sure it's disabled elsewhere (kind of like the above)

Don't know if I've made this worse or better :?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:31 am

Dave,
Something wrong in the latest Agent build. Crashes on startup.
Both PCs are Win 8.1

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:12 am

Try the new version.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:13 pm

That's better. Not sure MLInstaller versioning is correct for it though. But it will now launch.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”