MusicLobby 4 Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Topics for MLServer Applets
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: MusicLobby 4 Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Postby DaveB » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Why are your disk numbers and track numbers all wrong? It should read something like Disk 1/Track1 Disk1/Track2 and so on. Something is up with the way the scanner is seeing your data. Also, The 3:00am rescan is normal and built into the program.

I also have some of the Disk/Track issue items going on and reported it to Dave on Friday. I know that he is aware. There is also an update to content manager as of today.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:14 pm

Okay there is obviously something strange happening with imports. I'm going to flush my music library and reimport to see if I see anything strange here. Jeff, at some point in time I need to spend time on your system looking at your music. But first let me redo my music to see if I have something wrong.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Just released an update to MusicLobby.

Resolves two issue.
1) Strange numbers for disc and track numbers. Some music tags set the track number like 2/20. I mistakenly treated that as Disc#/Track# when the industry standard is Track#/TotalTracks.

2) TrackURls with unicode characters were not being imported. If you had track filename with an accented character it would be imported but then removed by the deadtracks parser. This is now fixed.

Jeff. Flush your database and reimport. If there are still inconsistencies after this I want to remote in and look at your music collection.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:44 pm

DaveB wrote:Why are your disk numbers and track numbers all wrong? It should read something like Disk 1/Track1 Disk1/Track2 and so on. Something is up with the way the scanner is seeing your data. Also, The 3:00am rescan is normal and built into the program.

I also have some of the Disk/Track issue items going on and reported it to Dave on Friday. I know that he is aware. There is also an update to content manager as of today.

I observed that but would prefer to fix one problem at a time.... Anyway, the values you're seeing in the screen capture are the Track/Total Tracks..... which to be quite honest, I didn't catch it at first.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Dave,

While I wait for the updater to be updated....

I would appear the sample scenes for MainLobby v4 have changed drastically? I would almost be certain they are v3 scenes....

I installed MainLobby on our kitchen laptop and when I installed the latest sample scenes I'm unable to access any kind of "wide screen" music which works. Even accessing the 1024x768 samples for music aren't showing anything from the server, even after initializing the client.

As usual I could be totally wrong...

- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Not sure what you are seeing. I'm running the sample scenes here and music is working.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:05 am

CinemarDave wrote:Just released an update to MusicLobby.

Resolves two issue.
1) Strange numbers for disc and track numbers. Some music tags set the track number like 2/20. I mistakenly treated that as Disc#/Track# when the industry standard is Track#/TotalTracks.

2) TrackURls with unicode characters were not being imported. If you had track filename with an accented character it would be imported but then removed by the deadtracks parser. This is now fixed.

Jeff. Flush your database and reimport. If there are still inconsistencies after this I want to remote in and look at your music collection.

1. Confirmed fixed
2. I cannot confirm this one as I never observed it

Any tracks containing brackets ([]) are still being doubled after the nightly re-scan (see prior posting for examples). If there isn't a new drop of code I'll see if they are tripled tomorrow morning. My suggestion would be for you to copy an existing song and add "[Live]" to the end of the file name (before the extension) and to the song title in the metadata. Doing it this way you'll have a test case on hand for future regression testing. Otherwise, I could possibly share a problem song...

I'm more than happy to grant you access, just remind me what I need to do since this computer is new and I know I don't have your preferred remote desktop software installed.

Thanks!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:22 am

CinemarDave wrote:Not sure what you are seeing. I'm running the sample scenes here and music is working.

Yes, I was stupid on that one, finally figured out my problem.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:26 am

Today's release will fix the [live] type issues.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:01 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Today's release will fix the [live] type issues.

Dave,

I think it's fixed, I manually imported my library twice and I don't observe any duplicates for the albums I'm using as reference. Also, whatever changes you've made corrected the mystery songs being added to the playlist so functionality there has been restored (ie; no more Black Eyed Peas in my Celtic playlist).

New defect... this one was fixed a while back so I can only assume regression? When I pulled up the Celtic playlist (imported via m3u and XML [just trying to help as much as possible]) there are 3 songs missing from the MusicLobby playlist and those three songs all have brackets ([]) in their title/filename, everything else in the playlist appears correct at first glance. The same is true for the Audi playlist, 8 songs missing and those songs all have brackets ([]) in their song title and/or album name, and filename. All missing songs are found in the content manager, so they imported fine! Also, I think this can be specifically pinpointed to something playlist/filename related. I have one song which has brackets in the title and is in the playlist, but this song (from Amazon) doesn't contains brackets in the filename! (Yes, even I miss these sometimes....) Please let me know if what I've outlined makes sense; imported playlists containing pointers to songs with brackets in the filename are not resolved properly and therefore dropped from the MuL playlist.

Thanks! (Hoping we're almost there....)

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Dave,

Just want to make sure the other defect hasn't been missed in all the chatter here....

1) Brackets and playlists, see above post
2) Random and Next/Prev buttons

To explain #2 again.... here are the test case steps:

1. Obviously have random enabled
2. Start a song playing (A)
3. (speed up the test) move the song location towards the end so it finishes in a few seconds
4. let the next song start playing (B)
5. Click on previous and it properly goes to the song previously played (A)
6. While it's now playing the song (A) click on next
7. It starts playing a different song (C) .... why not the song from step 4 (B) ?!?!
8. Now click on previous before the song (C) finishes
9. It starts playing a different song (D) .... where did the original song (A) go?!?!

So by step 9 I've completely lost my play history and can't previous to any other song....

Thanks!

- Jeff

ps: trying not to be a complete nightmare... but fixing all of these things should make MuL significantly better!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Dave - I did locate one small issue after all of the updates - If the artist and album name are the same, but the composer name is different (per track), the importer lists the tracks as separate albums. I have about 25 or so albums split apart due to this issue. In iTunes, they are together, so I know it is an importer issue.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Dave,

Should the automatic nightly scan include library paths which are not monitored?

I turned it off as a test and sure enough every path is included in the nightly automatic library scan. I don't think it's a bad thing but just wanted to check the behavior is as intended.

Thanks!

- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Yes - Monitoring a folder only turns on the real-time folder watcher. The nightly scan will always scan all defined folders.

bigbrother
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bigbrother » Fri May 04, 2012 11:10 am

Dave, it seems that when I access a playlist and have "random" selected, MUL always plays the songs in the same "random order"

Thats not random.

Thanks BB

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”