MusicLobby 4 Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Topics for MLServer Applets
jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: MusicLobby 4 Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Postby jeffdoo » Sat May 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Here is a new problem....

The first "user" playlist generally will not play after an MLS crash and/or restart. I've even done a normal shutdown immediately after and it doesn't matter. I have to delete the first user playlist (called "Audi" in this case) and go through the process of manually re-importing. I'm still using the default ML scenes at this time....

and what was fixed in this last MuL release?!?!

Thanks...

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sat May 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Another problem and I think this one is completely new....

I've removed my new automation rules and restarted MLS, since disabling rules hasn't been fixed yet (obeying the disable and saving the disable flag) ...

MuL is randomly stopping after playing a song and I honestly can't figure out why. I noticed it yesterday after upgrading to the latest version but thought it might be associated with the rules I've now removed. Alas, we now have three music servers which play a single song and then stop.... I didn't have this problem until upgrading.

Repeat: On
Shuffle: On

MuL is more than happy to play the next song if I press "Next" but then it stops again....

Hoping this is solved before Monday, the music server is the wake-up alarm....

Thanks...

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sat May 05, 2012 4:39 pm

bigbrother wrote:Dave, it seems that when I access a playlist and have "random" selected, MUL always plays the songs in the same "random order"

Thats not random.

Thanks BB

I can't confirm that situation here since MuL is stopping after playing just a few songs, requiring the pressing of "Next" but then it stops again....

What I've been wondering is what ever happened to, I believe, the originally proposed idea of creating the 2nd playlist array which is in random order, plain and simple. Would fix all of these issues regarding Next/Prev and you could display either the shuffled list or the original list....

- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat May 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Without seeing MLServer and MusicLobby event logs I cannot guess as to why your music stops.

The lists are randomized by generating a new random number seed and then populated. So I guess Windows isn't too random.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sat May 05, 2012 6:27 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Without seeing MLServer and MusicLobby event logs I cannot guess as to why your music stops.

The lists are randomized by generating a new random number seed and then populated. So I guess Windows isn't too random.

Dave,

I knew you were going to ask .... and I didn't have them at the time....

I have already used the Content Manager to re-initialize the library, it still does not clear the playlists so I did those manually....

Logs attached below, both server 1 and server 2 have stopped playing... this didn't happen until I installed the latest upgrade last night...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat May 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Last nights update do not change any MusicLobby code. It only checked to make sure the new sockets dll was installed. I'll look at the logs.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sun May 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Dave,

I'm providing you with a second set of logs, but I don't see anything meaningful....

I've rebooted the computer again, allowed everything to start cleanly, set each music server to repeat "on" and shuffle "on", then selected the playlist for each server. All three played exactly one song and stopped.

MLServer - 4.0.4507.28471
MusicLobby - 4.0.4507.28853
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Mon May 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Dave,

I've now disabled shuffle and I'm walking through the songs. I see no particular reason why it should stop playing, it simply does. There is nothing wrong with the songs, I can click next and it's happen to continue or I can click "play" for the next song in the list. Sometimes it will play 3-4 songs before it stops but there doesn't appear to be a specific reason for it stopping. I've also recycled the file server (virtual machine) and the same exact pattern still exists on the ML host.

Finally the problem is repeatable for me:

1) Select Jamie Cullum, Wheels ... plays to the end of the song and stops.
2) Click next, starts playing Lady Gaga, Poker Face... plays to the end of the song and stops.
repeat either song and playback stops when the song is done.

Next:

1) Select Laga Gaga, You and I ... plays to the end and moves to next song
2) Plays Lady Gaga, Edge of Glory... plays to the end and moves to the next song
3) Plays Taio Cruz, Dynamite... plays to the end and stops.
4) Click next, starts playing Luke Bryan, I Don't Want This Night To End... plays ot the end and stops.
I can start at step 1-2-3 and it stops after Dynamite every time.

Nothing in the library has changed, although I did add the new songs from the "Now" CD back on Tuesday, but everything was has been working fine until I upgrade MLS and MuL. Also, I don't check for upgrades daily so it's possible I missed one or two...

Thanks
- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Jeff, I need to spend time on your system because nothing in the logs tells me anything interesting. Email me your LogMeIn info and I'll spend some time on your system tomorrow.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Tue May 15, 2012 10:35 am

CinemarDave wrote:Jeff, I need to spend time on your system because nothing in the logs tells me anything interesting. Email me your LogMeIn info and I'll spend some time on your system tomorrow.

Dave,

I decided to download the new updates last night and it's looking good! I don't want to jinx anything, but the 2-3 (or 5-7) seconds of play time before a song is skipped may have also been solved. I was never able to get MusicLobby to skip last night while not in shuffle mode.

Plan to listen all day, do my usual testing, and will post an update.

Thanks!

- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

Good to hear. Yesterday's update contained a new music control that has changes in it specific to .m4a files.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Tue May 15, 2012 8:26 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Good to hear. Yesterday's update contained a new music control that has changes in it specific to .m4a files.

Dave,

We're not completely solved. My son wasn't aware I was testing and when MuL started "skipping" on a single song on Music Server 1 he pressed next (as he was previously educated). That was "my bad" so it's been corrected and I'm waiting for it to happen again. Once it happens, all three music server either "skip" or completely stop. Hopefully in the next couple days I capture it because I start a new assignment next week which doesn't allow me to work from home.....

Thanks!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Wed May 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Dave,

Well, 24 hours have passed and I haven't encountered the skipping situation on any of the three music servers so I can only assume it was a fluke or it's going to be a harder problem to reproduce. Regardless I'll keep watching.

The music server response has become horrible though. What responds in an instant after the server settles down now takes 5-15 seconds, such as selecting "Next" to skip a song. The MLServer.exe*32 process is also "leaking" memory, it was ~235meg around noon and is now ~286meg at 7:45pm. I'm going to assume the Nuvo GC plugin, so I will be removing all of the rules for the plugin to see if it fixes the memory leak. I cannot remove the plugin, like I've said before it's the most important component of the solution for our family.

Thanks!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sun May 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Dave,

Okay, I've had two long runs of MLS and MuL with everything for the Nuvo GC Plugin stripped (except unloading the plugin) .... Some events do trigger from HomeSeer to enter paging mode and of course the NGC is receiving Radio RDS information. Now that school has ended I can consider completely disabling the NGC plugin, but understand it's removing the most important component of our Home Automation system.

What I'd really like to know is when the Nuvo GC plugin will be made truly ML v4 compatible, these issues didn't exist in < v3.99...

The purpose of this next test (disabling NGC) is to see if the memory leak continues... MLS starts at ~150meg and runs up to ~350meg, at which point everything is sluggish (now can take 4-7 seconds to play the next song)...

I have yet to run it until a crash because something has put the computer into hibernate twice in the past three weeks.

So, no, I haven't gone away ... just trying to wait until I have something useful to report.

Thanks!

- Jeff

Update: Have now restarted ML with NGC disabled.... memory after things are running is ~103 meg .... much less than when the NGC plugin is loaded....

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 pm

I just released a new V4 Nuvo driver for the GrandConcerto and the other members of the Nuvo family. Please give it a test when you have a moment. I have no way of testing it here so if it does not work I'll need to see the Nuvo event logs. The Nuvo driver is a member of the AV family and Command Builder will have the list of available commands. Let me know how it goes.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”