MusicLobby 4 Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

MusicLobby 4 Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Please keep all bug reports and feature requests in this thread.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MusicLobby 4 Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:26 pm

MusicLobby Version 4.0.4373.27344.

Fixes
1) Genre Search and Play All issue - Sample Scenes (4.0.0.17) updated to reflect changes. Also affected Mood and Style searching.
2) Previous now tracks the last 1000 songs played.
3) Music Import will NO LONGER create a Cover.jpg file in the music folder. Temporary images are created in the MLServer\Temp folder.

Added:
1) Music_Source#_TrackID server variable

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Dave,

You've been very busy!! Thanks for listening to our suggestions.

Happy holidays to the entire Cinemar family and the forum gang :)

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:58 pm

CinemarDave wrote:MusicLobby Version 4.0.4373.27344.

Fixes
1) Genre Search and Play All issue - Sample Scenes (4.0.0.17) updated to reflect changes. Also affected Mood and Style searching.
2) Previous now tracks the last 1000 songs played.
3) Music Import will NO LONGER create a Cover.jpg file in the music folder. Temporary images are created in the MLServer\Temp folder.

Added:
1) Music_Source#_TrackID server variable

Genre Search and Play All is fixed. Thanks Dave.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 am

Feature Request:

Still looking to send the same stream to multiple clients. After burying lines, I still have the same issues.
There is an API for VLC which may do the trick here:
http://wiki.videolan.org/Developers_Corner

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Random & Previous - Broken (Regression?)

Postby jeffdoo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:49 am

Dave,

This was fixed before, but appears to be broken again... I've done a couple quick checks but no exhaustive research and I keep forgetting to post it here.

Thanks!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Song skipped after 5 seconds

Postby jeffdoo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:53 am

Dave,

I'm still experiencing the song skipping after 5 seconds of play and I previously sent you the "problem" tracks but haven't heard a response. Just thought I would post here...

Thanks!

- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:44 pm

jeff - I took the two sample songs you send me and made an 18 track playlist out of them and have played them hours on end without and skips. So something else is in play here. How often do you see this happen? Do you have any virus checking software that might be trying to scan these files on load? Something is making the music control think it has reached the end of the track.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Dave,

Sorry, sometimes it's weeks/months between when I have time to work on our whole house automation. So, the family spring break plans were cancelled (long story) and I'm home all next week, hopefully doing lots of HA stuff....

Current issues w/MuL:

1) Previous is not working w/Random enabled... seems to be regression...
2) The next song after playing the previous is different, but fixing the above might fix this issue too... I thought you had an idea way back in pre-3.75 to generate a secondary playlist on the side which was random (or not) and play that list while the original list remained as-is....
3) Playlists are back to playing unexpected songs! For example, I have two playlists (imported XML from iTunes): "Audi" and "Audi (with Christmas)" ... I've checked the imported playlist against iTunes and everything matches 1-to-1 .... but when playing the "Audi" playlist I'll hear Christmas tunes...
4) Any playlists added "now" plays fine, but when MLS crashes in 3-5 days the "new" playlists refuse to play. I have to delete them and import them again. Repeat every 3-5 days... I have tried deleting the whole library and re-importing but the problem persists...

Thanks!

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Dave,

Yes, it's your nightmare coming back...

So... I've installed the latest MuL and there are two interesting problems:

1) Playlists once again have incorrect songs! This is a clean library too, I just re-cataloged everything this past week because the playlists were a mess. <-- will post more later today (I hope)
2) Random and previous song, this isn't working right. Call me nit-picking but if the song is played and skipped it should still go back to "that" song... here is the test case:

1) Play a song: Nickelback - When We Stand Together
2) Scroll the song position bar near the end, let the song finish
3) Let next song start playing: Adele - Rolling In The Deep
4) Click Previous... goes to Nickelback (prefect!)
5) Click Next, before song finishes .... goes to: Far East Movement - OMG (unexpected, why not Adele?!?!)
6) Click Previous... it just restarts the current song: Far East Movement ... (unexpected, where is Nickelback?)

I hope the above makes sense...

Now I'm off to figure out which song is missing in the "Audi" playlist because I know Supertramp - The Logic Song is NOT part of that playlist....

Thanks!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Dave,

Okay, seven songs are completely wrong... Both playlists (iTunes and MuL) show 87 songs, but what MuL shows is incorrect for seven of the songs. The missing songs are all over the place and I see no reason why there should be any difficulty cataloging/including them. Previously the playlists were perfectly fine and I hadn't been paying attention so I'm not certain when this broke again.

A quick search for the song "Hello" by Martin Solveig shows five instances, missing in the MuL playlist (but exists in the iTunes list)! Along with five instances by Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson (of which I only have one of each cataloged in iTunes).

So there is a problem with the cataloging of the directories and/or the Initialize database isn't working properly.

Thanks

- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:25 pm

You need to do this cataloging with Musiclobby event logging turned on and logging to a file. Just saying that is does not work doesn't help me understand what didn't work. I need to see the events to see if MusicLobby is complaining about anything.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Dave,

Hopefully the steps shown above for the Random/Previous are acceptable...

Sorry, I can see where the "it doesn't work" really isn't helpful. So here is what I've done again:

1) Enabled Event "Verbose" logging
2) Open MusicLobby App
3) File -> Database -> Initialize Database
4) Playlist -> Disabled the playlist directories
5) Library -> Clicked the "Scan" icon
6) waited until everything was done
7) Playlist -> Enable the playlist directories
8) Clicked the "Scan" icon
9) waited until everything was done

10) Fired up an ML client...
11) Selected the "Audi" playlist for Source 1
12) Looked at the playlist, Supertramp is the first song again, nothing changed...

13) Search for the Song title "Hello" ... now it appears by Beyonce six times (before the above steps it appeared five times)
14) Hello for Kelly Clarkson now appears six times (before it appeared five times)
15) Hello for Martin Solveig now appears six times (before it appeared five times)

the log files are attached in the zip file along with the Audi.xml playlist....

Please let me know what else you require.

========

Added after posting .....

I opened the Content Manager... went to the music browser, clicked on the Martin Solveig "Album" (it's an mp3 single) and it shows 6 tracks, all of them identical when I should only see one track.

========
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Quick question. Where is your music database? Is it shared by Itunes?

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Art Dustman wrote:Quick question. Where is your music database? Is it shared by Itunes?

Not sure I understand your question as iTunes and MuL have completely different databases....

The particular setup for our house is one storage location for all music files (\\europa\music) which is read-only. Everyone has their own installation of iTunes so they can rate the songs as they see fit and create their own playlists. Playlists are exported from iTunes in XML format (\\europa\[user]\playlists). If you've made changes to an existing playlist in MuL you first have to delete it from MuL, then I will click the button to rescan the playlist directories which will import the "new" playlist.

Some music is purchased from Amazon or iTunes (DRM free) but 95+% of our library is personally ripped CDs. Any CDs I rip today I use dBpoweramp to encode as both flac/m4a and store the replayGain value for the track (not the album). And, right now I'm batch converting almost the whole library from flac to m4a because a huge portion of the library is incorrectly encoded @ 128k.

Hope something in there answers your intended question.

- Jeff

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”