Pandora Radio App

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pandora Radio App

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:22 pm

We are pleased to announce the availability of Pandora Radio for MLServer. This brand new app will allow you to define up to 4 unique Pandora Radios that can each be assigned to stereo channels on your sound card. This will yield 4 independent radios. Each Radio can be assigned to a different Pandora user account each with its own set of channels.

An active Pandora Radio account is required for playback. Free accounts have ads. Premium accounts are add free. The premise here is that you will use the Pandora web site via any browser to configure and define your stations. The MainLobby interface will then allow you to select the station and play it. As you stop and start playback the app will synchronize with your online account and pick up any changes you have made online. Here is a screen shot from the main interface. Give it a try and post any bugs / suggestions here. Playback to remote audio zones is not currently working because it needs the updated V4 ClentSvc App that has not been released yet.

A new set of sample client scenes have been released that contain the new Pandora mls files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Re: Pandora Radio App Public Preview

Postby erikhimber » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Dave,

I don't know how long this has been happening, but I just noticed.

The elapsed time variable has stopped working.
If i restart ML4Server, the variable works properly, after a period of an hour or 2 the variable stops updating again.

I'm using Pandora without a subscription, could that be the cause ???

Please let me know what to check.

Thanks.
Erik

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Best answer is I'm not sure. Is there anything interesting in the Pandora event log. I have a paid Pandora account and I never see that happen but the elapsed time is ticked off from an internal timer that gets reset every time the song changes.

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Dave,
Event log looks normal.

Does your Pandora play 24/7 ??

I have to select a station after about 15 hours of play, maybe I should upgrade to paid subscription.
Erik

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:30 pm

No - I'm only playing Pandora while I'm at my desk. Around 10 hours a day. I'll leave mine on and muted to see what it does.

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Thanks Dave
Erik

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:44 am

In my world, the VU meters aren't working in Radio 3 and Radio 4.

Also, pandora_3_status and pandora_4_status aren't getting populated.

Addition:
Also, lately when a song ends in Pandora the next song doesn't start automatically.
The elapsed time continues to count past the song length.
I have to his skip to play the next song.

Just letting you know.

bpet

Postby bpet » Tue May 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Any way of adding the ability for the user to enter the artist/song/genre in Mainlobby and have Pandora create the station...like it does when you first go to the Pandora website? Then, users would not have to go to the Pandora website via a browser to get started setting up stations etc.......any guest at the house could walk up to the Mainlobby touchscreen, press Pandora, enter the music they like, and start listening....

bpet

Postby bpet » Thu May 23, 2013 3:59 pm

The audio is crystal clear on all Pandora Streams vs the unpredictability associated with the nature of Internet Radio Stations - a real plus!

I am currently running all 3 Pandora Radios using the same Pandora user account...seems to work fine...will this be an issue if client A is listening to a station and likes or hates a song at the same time as client B is listening to another station and makes changes to that station etc...?

More importantly, when I perform a "Stop", it seems to act as a Play/Stop.
PandoraRadio|Stop~1

If the Radio is not playing, it will "Play" instead of doing nothing...Is there an easy fix to this? I have situations where I stop Pandora/Internet Radio/MusicLobby and its nice not to have to do the check first to see if its playing...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm

All stations run independently of each other. If each radio is logged in as a different user then there are no interactions between the radios. However, if multiple radios are logged in under the same account then user A banning a song on the same station that user B is listening too will affect user B in that user B will now never see that song come up. That's because they are both the same account. But while user A will get a new song as a result of the ban user B will not because the radios are independently playing different streams.

Nice find. Stop was acting as a toggle. I just modified the app so that Stop is a true stop.

bpet

Postby bpet » Fri May 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks!

bpet

Postby bpet » Thu May 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Little glitch...

If there is "not" a Pandora stream playing and you press either 'Hate It' or 'Skip', the system automatically starts playing a stream...however, the song seconds counter does not start and the Stop/Play toggle does not change to show the "Stop" square...its like the system does not know that the stream is playing...

I just created a macro to check to be sure Pandora is playing before it performs the Hate or Skip...problem solved :)

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:42 pm

In one of the last updates, Pandora Volume Down and Up isn't working. I haven't tried other AV Agent music sources.
Goes full blast on MLClient Volume 1 Down request and doesn't change from there no matter how many Up or Down volume change requests.
The graphical equalizer scene volume does work.
Quick look the UI is showing the Var correctly, but the function call isn't being handled by the Pandora AV Agent
ProcessCommand: Cmd=[PANDORA~Volume~down] client=[Pan1]
Agent 5.0.5148.23060

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Quick Update,
when listening to Pandora, and hitting either up or down volume, will go 100% volume. then, no matter how many times you hit Down volume, will go to 97% and no further down.

All I have done is update to the latest mlserver and latest avagent and this started happening.

Again, I can go to the Remote equalizer view, I can see accurate volume position, and can slide the volume down to the correct volume.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:20 am

Let me know if today's update fixes that for you.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”