RecipeLobby

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

RecipeLobby

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Just in time for the holidays something for the chef's in the family. This is the first release of the new RecipeLobby app for MLServer 4. RecipeLobby starts with a database of over 27,000 recipes and allows you to browse and search the database by a host of options. Pick a Cuisine, a Type of Dish, a specific Diet or Main Ingredient and find matching recipes. You can use the Content Manager to add your own recipes keeping everything in one handy location.

To demo RecipeLobby you will need to make sure you are using the latest version of MLServer 4 and Content Manager. Then install the RecipeLobby app. RecipeLobby scenes are now included in the Sample Mainlobby 4 client scenes installer. After the first time you install the app go into the settings and tell it to update the database. After that the database will sync with the master every morning around 4am. New recipes added to the master database will automatically be added during the sync. Your private recipes are not affected by the syncing process.

Here are some sample screen shots

Recipes1.jpg

Recipes2.jpg

Recipes3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: RecipeLobby Public Preview

Postby ronsatter » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:38 am

Dave,

Sweet! =D>

Easy to use. Very practical. Should be very popular in ML4.

Ron

PS - I did manage to hang up the database scan ... I got curious and started browsing the recipes will the app was still scanning for the first time. It stopped the scan before finishing. I did another update scan. It moved through the existing data fairly quickly and picked up the additional data where it had stopped before.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:17 pm

This is a long overdue addition to the family thank you very much. So far I love it with just a couple comments.

Comments/suggestions:

1) This is more of a usability comment more than anything but the content manager shouldn't have two levels of tabs that say the same thing. The top tabs say "Movies | Music | Radio | Recipes" and below that are the same exact tabs. I get that you have some different button choices under each but if I select movies up top then the movies tab below should display. Likewise when I select recipes it's redundant to have to select recipes again in the bottom tab.
2) When recipes are selected "for both tabs" the buttons under the bottom tab are mis labeled such that the second button says "Refresh all Movies" and then "Select all Movies" and so on. You get the idea, i'm sure it was just a missed item when programming for recipelobby.

Still playing around with it but thought i'd throw these out there.
Kyle

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks, I always miss the tool tips. They'll get fixed in the next release. The tabs are for the browser windows that automatically get opened when Content Manager loads. But I see your point. So when you click on one of the main menu tabs the next release will automatically bring the appropriate browser into focus and vice versa.

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:29 am

I'm having trouble updating the database:
recipelobbyerror.png

MLServer: 4.0.4378.23338
RecipeLobby: 4.0.4322.22956
Content Manager: 4.0.4382.23351
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:01 am

It looks like I made a change a while back and never uploaded the new installer. Install version 4.0.4389.15918 and verify it updates for you. That is the version I have running here.

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:43 am

Dave,

The latest version does not solve the problem, same error again. (fewer columns in insert statement than values specified in the values clause)
recipelobbyerror.png

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 am

I manually entered some recipes with the contentmanager and incorporated the scenes in my setup. I must say it is really nice! Some screens from my setup:

Recipe_Browse.jpg

Recipe_Detail.jpg

I also added a play movie button, the recipes I added are from a local tv show. On the shows website they post a short movie on each recipe, I've ripped them to flv files and created an flv video player page in the MLServer HTML folder. A weblobby window then shows the video for the current recipe.

Recipe_Movie.jpg

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 pm

I just deleted my entire Recipe database and reloaded with no errors. This is a little confusing. Need to dig deeper.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:12 pm

I believe I may have found the issue and why I do not see it and that is the formatting of real numbers. Can you give version 4.0.4390.26842 a try and let me know if I got it?

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 am

Dave, the latest version works, thanks!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:08 am

Excellent.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:41 am

My trial on this has expired, and I was wondering if I could get an extension on this, or is it available for purchase?

Thank you

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:50 am

RecipeLobby is available for purchase on this page.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Added a new recipe, when trying to save a jpg image to the artwork tab I get the error below.
error.JPG

running 4.0.4455.25598 of content manager

That folder doesn't exist, I have 000, 001, 002, etc..

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”