Internet Radio App

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Internet Radio App

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Internet Radio is a new MLServer 4 app for listening to Internet Radio stations. When you install this app it will sync with our master database and bring down approximately 16,000 radio stations. You can then slice and dice these stations by genre, location, state or country. You can use the Content Manager to add any stations that might not be in the master database.

Similar to SatRadio, the Internet Radio app will allow you to configure up to 4 distinct radios. Sample scenes for this app can be found in the latest MainLobby 4 Client scenes in MLInstaller. Feel free to experiment. Attached is a screen shot from the main browser scene.

iRadio.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Internet Radio App Public Preview

Postby sonypoolplr » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:27 pm

I an not seeing any of the stations. Could you tell me where I should see them? I am assuming that it is in the Content Manager, but nothing is showing up. If I click on Browse Stations, I see a window flash up real quicly and then go away.

Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Content Manager only shows your personal stations not the entire list. You are not seeing any stations because the initial database scan has not taken place yet. Go into the settings scene in the sample pages and press the "Refresh Stations" button. Or go into the App in MLServer and select the "Refresh Stations" menu item from the File menu. It will take about 10 minutes to populate the initial list of stations.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:02 pm

I have the staions showing up in the sample scenes now. I am wondering how do you add them to your favorites?

Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:04 pm

When you play a station there is a little icon that looks like a person. Clicking on the person will toggle the station in and out of the favorites. The little guy will glow when the station is a favorite.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:13 am

Thank you again.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:13 pm

I have two questions regarding internet radio applet:

1. I refreshed the stations, and they all appear in my scenes. But every time I play a station, it says "invalid stream" or someting like that, and never plays. I have tried about a hundred stations, with same result. What am i doing wrong?

2. How do we add new streams / internet stations? It seems that simply adding the URL is not enough.

Thanks in adance

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:25 pm

>>>> 1. I refreshed the stations, and they all appear in my scenes. But every time I play a station, it says "invalid stream" or someting like that, and never plays. I have tried about a hundred stations, with same result. What am i doing wrong?

Can you give me some example of station names you have tried to play? I haven't found one yet that doesn't play for me. But there are over 20,000 stations in the database.

>>>> 2. How do we add new streams / internet stations? It seems that simply adding the URL is not enough.

You add your own personal radio stations using the V4 Content Manager / Radio Tab.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 pm

None of the bbc (UK) stations play for me. Other stations are fine. I just added them manually in the end.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi Dave,

For example, the German stations that the Internet scene opens up with - e.g. #Musik.Goldies...and all others. The UK stations as greyt mentioned. I tried WMGQ, New Jersey (98.3 FM) that I listen to all the time on radio. Also tried many others. ALL of them give the message "Stream Not Available - Retry Later?". I am sure I am doing something wrong, or not making a setting or something, but can't figure it out.

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Let me try those here. The stream URL change a lot and it could be that I need to refresh the master database more often.

jerry s

Lyrics for Internet Radio App?

Postby jerry s » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm really liking the internet radio app. I don't see any variables for radio lyrics. Is there any way to get those lyrics. I can use mllyrics, if not.

Thank you.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 pm

In the current release the Internet Radio app will not automatically try to find lyrics. I plan on adding that feature soon. In the mean time you can use an automation rule and use the MLServer built in function "GetLyrics". There is no longer any need to use the legacy MLLyrics plugin.

jerry s

Postby jerry s » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks, Dave. I'll do that.

DevenLF

Postby DevenLF » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Is there a way to have the Internet Radio App NOT display all the stations? There are about 20 stations I might want available, and don't need the other thousands and thousads to show up to have to sort/search through. I just want to include selected ones. Possible?

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”