DVDLobby 4

Topics for MLServer Applets
Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: DVDLobby 4 Public Preview

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 pm

I only use ANYDVDHD and only rip to iso format. I'm finding it tricky to remember what was really DVD vs Bluray and repair the locations in the content manager. I set this up for my wife to make it extremely easy, but to no avail. I'm open to any ideas here.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:45 pm

I would strongly recommend not ripping to iso files. Using DVDFab to rip the main movie gets rid of all those annoying forced commercials and trailers. Why wait 20 minutes before you can watch the movie? Also, once the files are in native file formats it makes it a lot easier to stream these movies to any supported DLNA networked device. Too many hoops to jump through with iso files. Streaming will be the future. Some will say it is now.

If you want to stick with AnyDVD then I could modify the ripper to look for a DVDLobby storage location containing the words DVD or Blu-Ray and use them instead or the first storage location.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:55 pm

I have bluray, dvd, and bluray 3D discs. What is the format you are referring to for each of these? I rip them to .iso so I have no loss. If you have a better idea, I'll give it a whirl.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Ripping them to their native file structures results in zero loss too and eliminates the need to mount the iso file later on. It also easily exposes the files for streaming when needed.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Downloaded DVDfab and first one failed... AVagent said it completed though... Is DVD Fab completely hands off? Tried again and noticed It was waiting for me to click start in DVD fab for some reason. I downloaded the trial, perhaps that's the reason?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:19 pm

The stupid trial for DVDFab puts up that dialog box that I cannot programmatically click through. So you have to be be sitting in front on the PC when it comes up. After that dialog is gone it is on autopilot. It goes away after it is licensed.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Ok.. I have been COPYING my DVD and BLURAYs with the settings of MainMovie and DVD9 and BD50. We have been discussing RIPPING the movie all in this thread, however the ripping has no option to do the main movie, and adds all sorts of options as to format for ripping. I wish I could tell exactly what I need, but the trial includes all their software. Do I want DVDcopy and Bluray copy or DVDriper and Blurayripper??

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:02 pm

You only need DVDCopy and BluRayCopy. The Ripper options would be if you wanted to transcode the movies into different formats and you probably do not want to do that. The free version of DVDFab includes DVD and BluRay copy and you could just use that version. The only real issue is you have to suffer with the silly dialog splash screen until the trial times out.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:02 pm

How does one work with a 3D movie? I copied Avengers 3D to folder structure as I did with the other movies. Except this will not play as a 3D movie. I went to my .iso version, and it plays 3D just fine. I copied as BD50, main movie, and checked off the 3D option (copy as 3D bluray) in advanced settings. Now what?

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

I don't have any 3D titles. Someone else might have to chime in if they know. Maybe on the DVDFab forums?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:12 am

I'm pretty sure you have to keep 3D titles as ISO format in order for them to play properly on the Dune.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:28 am

I spent a while looking at that last night. Seems the MVC data won't work in a folder structure. I'm going to explore the miniso that DVDFab creates and see what I can do there. I know I can copy the "Main Movie" to an .ISO which should save some space. I'm a bit worried that that may remove the forced subtitles. Of course the Dune doesn't seem to play them appropriately anyhow, but if they ever fix that then I would want it there.

Seems to automate the copy/Rip, the AV agent needs to know if it's 3D vs 2D and a Bluray vs DVD and load the appropriate software with appropriate options. I don't know what switches need to happen to DVDfab to make it create an ISO vs folder. I'll have to test a copy when i get home and wee if it plays in 3D properly with a "main movie" ISO. Wow.. got complicated fairly quickly.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Finally bought dvdfab stuff, and I get achieve the "hands-off mode." I'm running dvdfab 9.1.2.5 and I put the disc in, the AV agent sees it and says it's starting to archive, then dvdfab eventually pops up and I see a start button and nothing happen. The AV agent logs a bunch of NOTDONE if I never click start on dvdfab (don't think I should have to) and then emails me this: The Blu-Ray X-Men Origins: Wolverine WAS NOT archived. No output folder was created for the movie. There was an error in the ripper program for this disc.

I have no idea where to go from here. I've restarted everything to no avail.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Email me your TeamViewer info for the PC where you are trying to rip from. I need to see the config before I can comment.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Sent

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”