Run commands from command line starts new instance of MLServer

Topics related to MLServer 4
DevenLF

Run commands from command line starts new instance of MLServer

Postby DevenLF » Sat May 28, 2016 9:05 am

For the past 3 weeks or so, I've been having this issue. Used to work, now it doesn't work properly:

I have HAL send commands to MLSERVER, such as MLSERVER.EXE internetradio|stop~1, or MLSERVER.EXE internetradio|playstation~1~14021 and others.

Now, however, when I do this, it loads a new instance of MLSERVER. So, now I have two MLSERVER processes running. Or 3. Or 4. Every single time I send a command like that, it loads MLSERVER again. I had 10+ running once, in my task bar, and had to use task manager to end task all of them.

Is there a reason this stopped working properly, and is it fixable?

tmcgowan

Re: Run commands from command line starts new instance of MLServer

Postby tmcgowan » Sat May 28, 2016 1:22 pm

One trick you might be able to use is the ability to execute a command via a http command:

http://localhost:6246/command?internetr ... on~1~14021

Everything after the "command?" acts just like a mlserver command from the Quick Command line.

Hope it helps!

-Todd

DevenLF

Postby DevenLF » Tue May 31, 2016 11:17 am

I'll give that a try, Todd, thank you for the reply.

Will doing this not open an instance of my web browser, though? I can see the same thing happening with web browsers-- opening copy after copy after copy. ?

bpet

Postby bpet » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:16 pm

I just updated to the latest version of MLServer and I am having this same issue. I have Blue Iris Camera software run Macros in MLServer whenever motion is detected; however, now it starts a new process of MLServer each time motion is detected? Blue Iris forces the user to 'select' a program to run, it does not allow me to type in the name of a program and so I can't try typing "http://localhost:6246/command?"

Any fix to this? Is there something in MLServer that no longer accepts outside commands on an existing MLServer process?

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 am

I also use Blue Iris to run camera triggered events in MLServer. Try the following:

In Blue Iris, select the camera you wish to modify the trigger settings. Select the [ALERTS] tab and click on the [Request from a web service] [Configure] button. In the [When Triggered] section, enter your ML command as follows: [http:] 192.168.1.99:6246/command?Speak|hello

Don't enter any text in the [POST text] field. Of course, change the IP address to your ML Server address as appropriate. You can then use the [Test] button to verify that everything is talking to each other.

Hopefully, this helps.
-Todd

bpet

Postby bpet » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:00 am

Thanks Todd, It will be a few days before I get back to it - but I will try that. Thanks again!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:30 pm

My bad. The version of MLServer I just released restores this functionality. I had one of my "why would anyone still want to do that moments" and turned it off. I won't get turned off again.

bpet

Postby bpet » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:16 am

Thank you very much! :)

Return to “MLServer 4”