Editing commands on server

Topics related to MLServer 4
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Editing commands on server

Postby simonmason » Sun May 22, 2016 8:28 am

Here is a list of my enhancement requests for MLServer editing commands:

Add a search field to Automation Rules (and anything else that doesn't have it). It is a real pain trying to find that one rule that triggers something. There is currently no way to combine rules in a logical format, etc. so a search would allow me to find something based on a variable name, etc.

Add all windows standard editing CTRL commands into fields - CTRL C, V, A etc. When looking to cut and paste the right click works but I am used to using the CTRL keys as well. This goes for MainLobby and Designer as well.

Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

Synergy_Tech

Re: Editing commands on server

Postby Synergy_Tech » Mon May 23, 2016 11:22 pm

It's not exactly what you're looking for but if you click on the "rule" title in the server variables, it will sort the list so that all variables that have a rule associated with them will be grouped together. Also, I use CTRL A, V and C all the time when editing in mlserver and Designer with no problems at all.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Tue May 24, 2016 8:00 am

Thanks for the reply. I think you are talking about server variables? I don't have an issue there because there is a variable search.

Under Automation Rules there is no option to sort - not that it would help much. Also, rules cannot be grouped - as macros can. And you cannot search rules for keywords, variable names, etc.

I often find myself trying to find a rule that is doing something. I know that it is triggering based on a variable or acting on another variable. I need to read each rule one by one to figure this out. This is where a search will come in handy.

As for the CTRL characters - it doesn't seem that they are universally turned on. For example:

Go into Automation rules, double click on a rule, double click on the "then" action. Inside that editing box CTRL-A - select all - is not working. C,V, and X are. I am often cutting and pasting code and the CTRL keys are a great time saver. Of course this is not the end of the world - the automation rule management is much more important to me.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 24, 2016 7:08 pm

The whole automation rules section needs a makeover and this is one of the projects I am working on.

Return to “MLServer 4”