Installation Assistant Question

Topics related to MLServer 4
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Installation Assistant Question

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun May 08, 2016 6:03 am

I purchased a new computer which I am slowly transferring all my Mainlobby stuff to and I am having an issue with the installation assistant. I loaded it from a download that I found in my downloads folder and when I ran the assistant I noticed that I loaded the windows 7 assistant, so I downloaded the win 8 version and uninstalled the win 7 version and installed the win 8 one. Now when I click on the shortcut I get an error that it can't access the xml file, but if I right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator everything works. I don't understand why this is happening because I only have one user account on the computer and it has administrator rights.

Any help or suggestions to fix this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Installation Assistant Question

Postby RZajcew » Sun May 08, 2016 12:42 pm

I assume you are using Windows 10? Windows 10 seems to be an *awful* lot more picky about administrative privileges, and having a single account that has administrative privileges seems to be insufficient to perform certain operations.

What I have done here is to right click on the installation assistant icon, click on "Properties", click on "Advanced", and set "Run as Administrator" permanently.

- Roman

sonypoolplr

Re: Installation Assistant Question

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon May 09, 2016 4:20 pm

Yes I am using win 10. Thank you I changed the settings and it is running good.

Return to “MLServer 4”