ML Server keeps not respoding

Topics related to MLServer 4
EUROTECH

Re: ML Server keeps not respoding

Postby EUROTECH » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:50 pm

So I now have issues with my server. I have been quiet on the boards because my system has been running so stable that I haven't touched a thing since early 2015. I am running a win7 server that has been locked down. No auto updates and sits behind a good firewall. Until 3 days ago, the server has never had to be restarted. I have restarted MLServer only twice within a yr and that is due to some glitch in Internet radio where a second of a song repeats constantly.

Back on track, I noticed that my Ipads were not responding. I logged in to see what the issue was. Cinemar stopped responding and event id 1000 was present. I rebooted and MLServer ran for about 2 hrs. In that 2 hr time frame, nothing was touched on any of the ipads. I noticed when the server stopped because I have a clock on my home screen and it stopped 2 hrs after I rebooted everything. Logging in shows the same event ID. Nothing has changed on the machine so I decided to do a scan disk to see if I have some disk issues. Scan came back fine. No maleware present in the machine either. I read this thread and decided to take a chance on updated all my software. I figured maybe an issue with my version and contacting your servers. I was running 4.0.5606 at the time. I did all the updates and the server ran for a few hrs again. Manually performing a backup of the server completes properly so its not a backup thats causing it to crash. I also have windows backup not touching the MLServer share and only backing up system state. Nothing shows up when verbose logging is on. I have attached a txt file with the event id. If I can get assistance as to where to go from here to diagnose, it would be great.

Euro
cinemar error.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:04 am

I was away for a couple of days and came home to a crash on my server - DataMiner. I am not sure if this is a helper app for MLServer? Also, I noticed there was an MLServer update since I was gone so perhaps this has already been addressed. Please let me know if this crash is related to MLServer or if I should be looking elsewhere. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:33 am

I will jump on this as well;

I came back after a few days on business to find many lookup type labels and commands to be sluggish or stuck. Music album art and fanart was not working. HAI status messages not working; when you press the active source, the link never brings up the source page and other items.

I could not locate any errors, but SQL blew up again and was consuming over 1.5 gig of memory. A re-boot got things back to normal. I will watch it closely this weekend.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:45 pm

Since updating, MLServer still crashes within a few hrs. Also trying to command to play music from an iPad is unresponsive eventually after a minute or so it starts to play. This could be something entirely different and maybe a station issue in of itself. I did notice that everytime I restart MLServer, the weather always populated with Wed, April 20th in the evening, which is when all these issues started. I have since shut down a number of apps to see if maybe some of them are causing problems.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Most of your issues are probably tied to getting Pollen data. That's all DataMiner does. Install the latest Weather and you will now see that gathering Pollen data is now optional and disabled by default. If Pollen.com stablizes then we can probaly keep pollen if not we will be forced to remove Pollen counts as an option in Weather.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:54 pm

I thought that Weather Underground exposed pollen. If so, could you possibly grab the data with the normal weather data and then change the way it is presented? I would get away from scraping the web for the data.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:10 pm

I have pollen data disabled along with the weather app in its entirety. Should I start a new thread? Maybe I have a different issue. I get CLR.dll faults in .net in event viewer. Server just stopped on me again as I was listening to Pandora. Lasted about an hour of uptime.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:28 am

I have since performed all windows updates to see if it is anything with .net causing any issues. The server still shuts down in about an hr. I, at this point will perform a complete wipe of my hard drive and re-install Windows, .Net, any Cinemar. I am seriously hoping problem will not persist. Should I go with Win10?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:19 pm

I would go with Win10. Seems very stable. Make sure you have a good SQL backup for ML server or you will loose all of your custom variables, rules, scripts and so on.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:32 pm

MLServer at this point will run for 5 minutes and freezes up. Since all hardware is the same, I am copying via screenshot my license keys because It doesn't stay stable enough to copy/paste for the re-install. I have all my installation downloads from early 2015 along with sql backups. I moved them to another directory for safe keeping prior to doing anything with updates from a few days ago. My next dilemma, I have no cdrom drive on my Server. Scrambling to install on a SSD externally and then move over.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:13 am

MLServer re-installed and operational again on fresh OS install. All data back where it should be. Sadly enough, it only runs for about an hr and then application closes with event 1000. Same CLR.DLL error. All updates done. Dave, any chance to log in to see what is going on? On a lighter note, I had a chance to really clean out some old files. I have also not enabled pollen data and all clients are shutdown. All ipads are powered off and nothing is trying to connect to the server. I did that this morning after it failed again last night to see if maybe connection issues.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun May 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Euro i will have to remote in and inspect your system to see what it is doing. I'll need Team Viewer info.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Mon May 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Dave, thanks for responding. I will send you TV info when its convenient for you. I understand you're busy.

I just recently got my system back to being stable. I upgraded to Win10 and everything went smoothly. Disabling all drivers and apps and bringing each one online one by one every few hrs netted me with findings that my ELK driver is cause of all my issues. I am able to comm with the M1Gold via its configurator and a phone app eKPro. Alarm system is working perfectly and sends out emails properly. MLServer communicates properly with the alarm system and logging shows all its initial communications with it, then pauses for heartbeat. About an hr later, MLServer crashes and shuts down. I have been running about 3 days consistant with no issues. If its easier for you to have me send you a log of MLServer along with the ELK driver and windows error, I can do so.

Euro

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 17, 2016 5:06 pm

I really need to see what the Elk is doing so please send me its logs. I have an Elk here is it runs perfectly quiet.

Synergy_Tech

Postby Synergy_Tech » Tue May 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Any chance that the communication with the Elk is intermittent? From personal experience I can say that if the Elk driver loses communication with the panel, mlserver WILL crash at some point.

Return to “MLServer 4”