Compare Two Variables Then Trigger Command

Topics related to MLServer 4
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Compare Two Variables Then Trigger Command

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:06 pm

I have two variables that I use to have MLServer look at to start the house in the morning based on who is getting up first, me or my wife. The variables I am currently using are:

{{michele_startday_time_value}}
{{rob_startday_time_value}}
{{currenthmmil}}

I want to trigger events based on which one of the variable is earlier based on the {{currenthmmil}} value. I know that I can have two events, one for each time value, but I would rather not have the whole sequence trigger twice if i can help it. I was wondering if there is a command that I can use in the automation rules to trigger what I want to do.

Thank you.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: Compare Two Variables Then Trigger Command

Postby Art Dustman » Mon May 09, 2016 10:53 pm

You should be able to add a variable {{my_event_ran_today}} and in the event you run, set this to 1/0 or y/n.

Chexk this variable as a condition to run the event. Create a schedule to reset this variable back to "n" or "0" every night.

This will have the event only run once per day even if it's called multiple times. I have a master reset schedule I run every night that calls a command macro. I simply update my command macro with additional commands as I need. Easy to manage.

Return to “MLServer 4”