Renaming of server

Topics related to MLServer 4
RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Renaming of server

Postby RZajcew » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:44 pm

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have ended up doing a from-scratch install of MLServer on a Windows 10 platform.

I was plowing through the various issues I faced when doing a restore (example: it would have been nice if the necessary device drivers had been restored from back -- it appears they are not), and then I screwed up (I think) and hit a roadblock.

What happened was that I originally forgot to change the name of the server to its old name (I have various dependencies on this). So I went through the standard Control Panel mechanisms for changing the name of the server (to "Rio", as it happens). However, now MLServer won't start it -- it is stuck in a loop "Waiting for SQL Server to start". I suspect that something in the database configuration needs to be changed, but I really can't figure out precisely what to do (from web research). Even worse, I don't remember the original name Windows 10 picked, so I can't go back.

At least I *think* that's why I'm in the "Waiting for SQL Server to start" loop.

Thanks,
ROman

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Renaming of server

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:55 pm

I will remote in tomorrow and resolve this.

Return to “MLServer 4”