Keep getting a "Not Found" error

General discussions about the MainLobby web application running on Apple iPads.
yzpmpgq

Keep getting a "Not Found" error

Postby yzpmpgq » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:53 am

Last night I found the exciting news about Mainlobby for the iPad. I updated my MLServer to 3.75.229, installed the ipad package from the installation assistant and... nothing.

So far, I found the ipad files in C:/program files/cinemar/mlserver/html, MLServer is set to 5004 for the Server tcp/IP, 6246 for the web server, and "Enable User Web Server" is chacked and set to port 80. I also changed the DNS name to the IP (and pinged the PC to verify the correct IP).

Yes, MLServer was restarted (several times) and when I type in http:\\192.168.10.150/ipad/index.html" it gives "Not Found". Trying on a PC gives a 404 error.

I have tried changing the Web Server port, User Web server port, etc with no luck. Any simple things I may be missing?

yzpmpgq

Re: Keep getting a "Not Found" error

Postby yzpmpgq » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04 am

As an update, if I doubleclick the index file on the server PC, it launches fine, so it seems to be an issue with the webserver or how I have it set up.

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:29 am

And another update... I found that the web server is looking at the Program Files/MLServer/HTNL directory, but the installer put the iPad files in the Program Files/Cinemar/MLServer/Html directory. What needs to be changed?

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am

I noticed the wiki said the iPad installer would put the files in the program files/MLServer/HTML directory (NOT Program FIles/cinemar/MLServer/HTML), so I copied the folder over and now it works!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:59 pm

First do not try to mix any of the V4 HTML pages with the V3 server. They are not compatible. With V3 you have to install the iPad pages using the installer that is listed at the bottom of section 3 - 3) MainLobby 3 Optional Applications. These pages will get installed in the Program Files\MLServer\HTML\iPad folder.

All of those sample scenes are still functional for the V3 products however those V3 pages cannot be edited using the new Web Designer tool.

To get the best user experience on the iPad you will have to upgrade to the V4 product line. The wiki pages have been updated to reflect what happens using the V4 products so that is why there is some confusion.

Return to “MainLobby on the iPad”