Announcing MainLobby on the iPad

General discussions about the MainLobby web application running on Apple iPads.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Announcing MainLobby on the iPad

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:46 am

I'm in the process of converting the Android scenes into the iPad version. Won't take too long as I'm made the scenes 100% compatible. All I need to do is move things around to fit the iPad geometry. Probably ready before the weekend is out.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Android design is awesome. Great job. Bringing in all the new features of V4 into the design. Hearing about the release of the iPad version brought a grin to my face like a 4 yr old on Christmas morning. Thank you for such a great product.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:11 pm

I guess us iPad users where on the naughty list.

Dave- Just joking I know you've been busy making server and app tweaks. Hopefully you took some time off over Christmas. Pandora worked great over the holidays, to well in fact, I dont want hear another Christmas song.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:43 pm

The V4 iPad scenes will be available before the New Year. Hopefully, also a set of scenes for the Kindle Fire.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 am

Any progress to report?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:48 am

Yes - the only scenes left to do are the new Pandora scenes. If today stays quiet I should get them finished today. So it will be released real soon.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 am

Cool, I'll leave you alone :mrgreen:

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:12 am

Two things:

1.) Did you complete the iPad scenes?

2.) What software did you guys use for the floor plan demo? File is called color_floor_plan_renderiongs.jpg ... Looks awesome!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:10 am

1.) Did you complete the iPad scenes?

Yes - but they are always evolving.

2.) What software did you guys use for the floor plan demo? File is called color_floor_plan_renderiongs.jpg ... Looks awesome!

Punch Home Design - punchsoftware.com

wnl

Postby wnl » Sun May 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi guys. I'm still using MLServer v3 and tonight I tried to install MainLobby for the iPad. I am able to bring the pages up in Safari, but there's no MLServer data in them: no weather info and no DVDs. I'm guessing that somehow I grabbed the v4 iPad files instead of the ones for v3.

The installation assistant says that the "current version" is 4.0.2.0 but it also says that I have version 4.0.4.0 installed ("local"). And when I look at the html it is referencing server variables that I don't have. What did I do wrong?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon May 21, 2012 6:41 am

Yea - v4 is built for v4 which contains different variable names. I do not know if the v3 iPad set is still available. Move to v4. It is worth the investment.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

wnl

Postby wnl » Mon May 21, 2012 10:35 am

DaveB wrote:Yea - v4 is built for v4 which contains different variable names. I do not know if the v3 iPad set is still available. Move to v4. It is worth the investment.

As I understand it, there are some things still not working in v4 which I rely on. My intent was to wait until it was out of beta/pre-release before considering an upgrade.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Everything works in combination with v4 modules and legacy v3 modules. There are a few minor items that may not work, but Dave takes care of them very quickly when they come to the surface. Many things are done differently, and your existing interfaces will require updating. Variables are different mostly and Families now work as originally intended. There may be some oblique driver that is still not available and may never be available if it is no longer needed or if it supported equipment that is long outdated.

The best way is to list what you use now. I and other can help you decide what is not available.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

wnl

Postby wnl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am

DaveB wrote:The best way is to list what you use now. I and other can help you decide what is not available.

Sorry, was on vacation and not able to respond until now.

I am primarily using DVDLobby with the CX7000ES driver. I have heavily customized the play command to pull data from the content manager database, including one of the custom fields.

I also make heavy use of RS232Send (with hex commands) to manipulate the devices that I don't have drivers for: a Panasonic AE3000 projector, an Integra 8.9 receiver, and a Lumagen HDQ video procesor. That absolutely needs to continue to work in some form.

I gave up on MusicLobby as it wasn't meeting my needs: switched to Media Monkey instead. I have very specific needs for my music player and MusicLobby wasn't cutting it. Perhaps v4 is improved, but it needs to be able to play FLAC, have gapless playback (between tracks), and to output via kernel streaming.

In the near-term future I want to add lighting, which would include the use of an Insteon driver and a PLM. Part of my thoughts for lighting would include an automation rule that dims the lights when the 7000 starts playing. My understanding from a previous post in another topic indicated that the server variable that tracks the play status of the 7000 wasn't yet updating under v4. I don't know if that's been fixed or will be supported. Without that, my automation won't be as effective.

The iPhone pages seem to work on the iPad (although at a size that doesn't take advantage of the screen). For me that's adequate for now. But if there is a working v3 version of the iPad pages, why not keep them available? Isn't v3 still the official release?

Return to “MainLobby on the iPad”