Can I install the old iPhone setup on ML4?

Discussions about Mainlobby running on Apple mobile devices.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Can I install the old iPhone setup on ML4?

Postby simonmason » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 am

I have a copy of the MainLobby_iPhone_Setup.exe that it dated 1/22/11. Can I install this on my ML4 setup (changing the paths) so I can play around with iPhone now or should I wait until an official version comes out? I don't want to screw up my otherwise pristine ML4 installation!! Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I install the old iPhone setup on ML4?

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

No, do not install that. While the scenes will work you will not be able to edit them in the new Web Designer.

My goal is to release the next version of the Web Designer on Saturday. This will include the brand new sample iPad and Android web apps. This version of the designer has gone through some exhaustive testing and packs a ton of new features. I'd hold off for that release.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 pm

CinemarDave wrote:
My goal is to release the next version of the Web Designer on Saturday. This will include the brand new sample iPad and Android web apps. This version of the designer has gone through some exhaustive testing and packs a ton of new features. I'd hold off for that release.

A few hours left to meet your goal. :mrgreen:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Actually everything is all done. Finished all the iPad scenes late this afternoon. All that is left to do is resize the iPad scenes to fit an Android tablet. So I'm going to miss my Saturday goal but it will be released tomorrow.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Cool, I know forum sarcasm is hard to read, I was just ribbing you for the record. :D

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Something tells me we might be seeing infinite scrolling on DVDLobby and MusicLobby cover art. That would be the icing on the cake. Never the less, thanks for all the hard work Dave.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:25 pm

The best answer to that is yes and no. Yes, there is infinite scrolling capability for anything that can create a list. No, in that there are no sample scenes other than Internet Radio that demonstrates this capability. Why? Because it is still too difficult to set up the scrolling object without knowing SQL and HTML. I have a plan to remedy this but it will not make it into this release because it requires changes to the back end apps DVDLobby, MusicLobby, etc.

Not to worry, there are enough other new features to keep you busy while I work on the scrolling bits.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:03 am

Did the iPhone screens ever make it into production? I am trying to locate and work on the screens but I can't find them in installer? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:38 pm

There are no V4 web app compatible iPhone sample scenes at this point in time. I think MHd is working on a V4 iPhone web app design.

thefortres

Postby thefortres » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Seems like some time has passed since the last update here. I'm looking for and can't find the installer entries for iPhone and ML4, can I assume that the iPhone app is not ready yet? Is this still in the works?
Thanks in advance!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:06 pm

The iPhone sample app is something I am still working on. Actually it is generic enough to work on any phone. Not done yet. I think I'll finish what is working and publish that and then add on to it as new functionality is added.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Can I bump this one?

I just purchased an iPort on eBay and I have set it up with one of my kids old iTouch's. Looks really nice. So I have been creating some screens from scratch but I would appreciate the help of the sample screens? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:36 pm

It is in development. Trying to get it done as quickly as possible. Here's a teaser.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Good evening Dave. Just wondering how the sample scenes are coming along? With the weather breaking, I was hoping to be able to use the iPhone/iPod touch seamlessly outside on the patio.

Euro

Return to “MainLobby on iPhone, iPod Touch”