Audio & Video Zones

Discussions about Mainlobby running on Apple mobile devices.
Clever1

Audio & Video Zones

Postby Clever1 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

I am curious as to how other users of the iPhone pages are handling Audio and Video zones??

I was thinking of 2 approaches. I create a Media -> Zones -> Movies, Music, Satellite Radio chain of web pages in the broswer much like the lighting control does, or adding a Zone under the options page...

What are your thoughts? And if you use zones what are you doing as the default pages don't support audio/video zones by default.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Re: Audio & Video Zones

Postby bigDvette » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm

I don't use teh supplied cinemar screens, but I handle it the same way I do with my MLClient Flash screens.

When I change zone/room, I set a variable on my server by setting {{clientname}}_currentzone to whatever zone I want to control. I do this by selecting the zone from a zone selection menu. On the iphone I used the OPTION/SELECT functionality to do a nicely styled selection on the iPhone.

All my scenes access variables that have this room number or zone number in them.

Or in some more complicated cases, say for CAV control, I map the value of {{clientname}}_currentzone to a CAV zone number.

for instance if my zone is office I would have a variable called:

iphone1_currentzone = office.

Then I have a variable called office_cav = 1.

What this also allows me to do is have zones/rooms that are more granular than my audio control. So for instance my kitchen and family room share an audio zone (number 5) so i have 2 variables kitchen_cav = 5 and living_cav = 5 and when I am in either of those zones and select audio I simply send the command and it grabs {{{{clientname}}_currentzone}}_cav to get the zone number part of my CAV command.

Anyway, I end up with 1 lighting, 1 audio, 1 video scene and I find it easier to maintain. However, it forces you to take on more work because this is not the way the cinemar screens are configured.

You can also create macros to change rooms that reset a bunch of generic variables like light_1, light_2 to zone specific variables. I haven't dug in yet, but this is in essence what Dave is doing with javascript in the lighting.html java script function for setRoom.

Hope this helps.

donald

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:36 pm

I've ported the Suite16 to ipod and use the approach Zone->Source. Still tweaking the scene...IE the bottom volume bar needs to be matched up across them all. Also using pure CSS instead of graphics to speed up load times.

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:48 pm

I was going to post my solution to this issue but then realized that I didn't know how to take snapshot images on my iPhone so please share how to do that.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Hold down the top power button and then press the Home button (round on screen) while holding power. It will put it in pictures.

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Thank you I got it... I removed the UNO option off the Home Page and added the bottom Nav bar like the other pages... This Nav bar lets me change zones from the main screen as well as the remotes and the status page for my system...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MainLobby on iPhone, iPod Touch”