iPhone lower tool-bar

Discussions about Mainlobby running on Apple mobile devices.
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

iPhone lower tool-bar

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:51 am

Hi all;
I just installed the Gallery update and got it running on my iPhone. How do I hide the Safari lower tool bar so that I can see the interface tool bars? I just can not figure this one out. I am running OS version 4.1.

***EDIT***

I just realized that the lower tool bar issue is only happening with the gallery interface. The standard interface works just fine.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: iPhone lower tool-bar

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:28 am

In the case of "Who Knows", It now works fine. Maybe my iPhone was being stupid.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:58 pm

DaveB,

I have found that this happens from time to time with the standard interface as well, esp. when my iPhone transfers into Landscape mode and back while I am on the MainLobby interface. I know I can lock the phone to be potrait only but I don't care much for that...

Ummmm... User wonders if there is a way to support both Potrait and Landscape in the iPhone interface?? And if so does it have to be an app to support this?

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Well you definitely don't have to make it an app to support landscape and portrait.

Depending on how well the html app has been designed (sizing of major components and layout), moving from landscape to portrait can be as simple as adding an extra style to every object.

In reality it means someone has to design the screens for both landscape and portrait and on rotation swap out the style sheet and/or entire html contents.

Essentially you have to develop everything twice or bang your head on the wall while you figure out how to convert from 320x480 to 480x320.

I've successfully done it on my weather screen for the iPad, but it was painful to design each item so it would re-arrange properly.

However, to answer your question it is supportable with an HTML interface.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:36 am

To keep things simple I have made no attempt to support both modes. The iPhone pages are designed for portrait viewing and the iPad pages are designed for landscape mode. If demands are sufficient I will revisit this theory. However adding all the extra logic to automatically support both will make it more difficult for users to customize the pages because of the required CSS skills needed. Everything has its trade offs.

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Is there a way to lock the screen in portrait mode while just in the MainLobby interface? My issues are when I move the phone around and it switches between the two modes, the portrait screen never corectly realigns. That maybe something only available as an app...

wnl

Postby wnl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:26 pm

For those of you still wondering how to make the lower tool-bar go away, the web pages turn that off via a meta tag. But it won't get turned off unless you first create a button on your home screen then visit the web site via the button. So if you follow the installation directions Cinemar provides for the iPhone app, then things will work out fine. If you are impatient like me and start poking around the website first, then you will be confused about why the Safari toolbar is still there. :)

I finally figured it out after doing some google searching.

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:39 am

Thank you for the update... So can't we just add that meta tag to each of the pages then to ensure that the lower tool-bar never appears for any pages??

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:56 am

No - you must launch the website from the shortcut you create on the desktop. If you do not do that then it will run in the Safari window.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Just for closure on both these topics.

The meta tag is the thing that tells the webpage when launched from the homescreen to hide the navigation bar. It is an instruction that gets saved when the icon is created but has not affect in safari itself.

As for the rotation issue. If you have a 3gs or above (and now also an iPad), just double click the home button and swipe to the right to show the player contols. Click the rotation lock icon and you are done. easy enough to take off when you want it to rotate later.

Return to “MainLobby on iPhone, iPod Touch”