Problem with Command

Discussions about Mainlobby running on Apple mobile devices.
shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Problem with Command

Postby shakey » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Rick,

Thank you.

I was missing a ml__ but it still did not solve the problem(have to get used to the double __ ). Its something in the slider command I think. I suck at HTML. If dim or brighten from a ML client, the slider tracks the brightness fine it will just not let me have slide control. I'm sure as usual its something simple I'm missing but Ive been struggling at it for few evenings now. The get variable works fine.

Shakey

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:29 pm

one thing I see is that you are using mixed case in your id values. You should always have your id values in all lower case. MLServer returns server variable names in lower case. The server variable names must match the id and it is case sensitive. If this does not fix the issue zip up your html file and email it to me. It's easier for me to look at the whole file then a fragment.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah, I think his variable is updating fine since it sets it back to the actual light level. have you done this and looked at the MLServer log in verbose mode to see if that command is making it to the server? If so, is it executing correct. Compare it to the same command from the MLClient.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Well once again Super Dave hit the nail on the head. Once I made all the variables lower case it now works. The sliders are jumpy after the release, they go back to old value, then jump to the new value. I suppose this is a function of polling times and the time it takes the UPB switch to tell MLServer the new level value so it can set the variable.
Now to work on copying / modifying the dvdlobby remote to make a tv/cable remote. The iTouch works pretty good as a one handed remote. Not quite ready to give up the RTI remote yet, I do like hard buttons. Its kinda like braille while laying on the couch watching TV.

Looking forward to the iPad scenes.

Dave, once again Thank You,

Shakey

Return to “MainLobby on iPhone, iPod Touch”