Browsing radios on the PC client

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
oaserani

Browsing radios on the PC client

Postby oaserani » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Been trying to get an answer on this. Working great on the iPad, but since the last update(s), I cannot browse the radio stations on the PC clients. It will actually change the radio station (from those available on the screen) just fine, so between that and the proper iPad behavior, I feel that I have MLServer configured correctly. Any insight on how to get the PC client to browse as well?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Browsing radios on the PC client

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:48 am

Since the last set of what updates? The only thing that would affect the scrollers on the PC is the Javascript files running on the client. Is this affecting only Internet Radio? If it was JavaScript related no no scrollers would be working.

oaserani

Postby oaserani » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Dave - internet radio works fine. To be clear: it's [NEXT PAGE] and [PREV PAGE] that don't work on the Satellite radio client screens (not on my clients on multiple versions of windows, not on the ones that you left on the serve that I bought from you guys).

oaserani

Postby oaserani » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 am

Also, I believe it stopped working with the last update of the Satellite radio app (>6 months ago or more, but don't quote me on that).
Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:18 am

That is exactly what happened. The last update of the SatRadio app required some changes to the UI to make it compatible with the SXM changes.

The Previous and Next buttons commands should just be SatRadio|Browse~Prev and SatRadio|Browse~Next

The individual items on the browser should have a label of
{{satradio_item_1_channel_{{clientname}}}} - {{satradio_item_1_channelname_{{clientname}}}}

and a command of
SatRadio|PlayChannel~{{satradio_item_1_channel_{{clientname}}}}~{{satradio_activeradio_{{clientname}}}}

Where _1_ increments from _1_ to _9_ for each row in the browser.

oaserani

Postby oaserani » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:30 am

Dave -- that's what in the Next Page and Prev Page on the PC client (just want to make sure we're talking Mainlobby PC client here, as it does work on the iPad version). The page counter on the screen increments, but the radio station lines do not scroll.

oaserani

Postby oaserani » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:31 am

Also -- when I select a radio station from the page that the client is stuck in, those commands do work as well. It's just getting the pages to change that doesn't work which is stumping me. It's almost like I'm missing an initialization on a variable....

oaserani

Postby oaserani » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Dave -- it looks like I'm making progress in getting the lines to reflect the right info. Just going back to basics. I have a physical Polk XM radio... it used to be that used to be hardcoded to radio 5. That seems no longer the case. Any basics that I need to ensure I get right on variable settings before I go further?

oaserani

Postby oaserani » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Dave -- ALL CLOSED. We are good... I went to the _item_n variables and I have most of the screen responding. Still having some issues getting _artistsong to update, but I think that's an old issue from the SatelliteRadio app taking some time to get that data to refresh....
Thanks for the guidance

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:19 pm

In the new SatRadio app you have to go into the settings and you'll find a tab that let's you define the commands that need to be sent to change channels etc. It will default a generic set of AV commands. Just fill in the ones you need for the Polk.

Return to “MLSatRadio”