Satradio variables not updating

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Satradio variables not updating

Postby simonmason » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:53 am

I chose this weekend to switch over to a new server. The move was going very smoothly until an ice storm caused our internet to go out! It is still out.

In Satradio the track information is not updating - satradio_radio1_36_artist for example. When I load the XM PCR software it is able to read all track information from the radio.

Is the track update dependent on the Internet lookup routine for other information or is something else going on here?

Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Satradio variables not updating

Postby DaveB » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:12 am

The driver uses the internet to grab the data.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:15 am

Would this impact channel changing? I am not able to change channels on the radio. The commands are received on the server and appear to process without error but the channel does not change.
Simon D. S. Mason

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:23 am

I do not think it would have impact on channel changing.

Well thinking about this more, yes it might have impact. The available channel list actually comes from the internet, not the PCR. Based on that list, the driver sends the command to the PCR to change the channel.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:28 am

It would be good to confirm this - I have been pulling my hair out trying to getting my new server working and now I am not sure if it is the server move or the Internet connection causing issues!
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:03 am

The now playing information comes from the Internet. Having no Internet access has no effect on changing channels on the PCR. What does the XMPCR driver event log say? You should see the command to change the channel coming in and then see its response? Is it there?

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:10 pm

got it working but need some clarity here. I was issuing SatRadio|PlayChannel~36~1. This appears not to work since I moved to the new server (or the loss of Internet?). However, AV|1~PlayChannel~36 works. In the SatRadio app I see that Play Channel translates to the AV command. I checked SatRadio_avid_clientname and it is 1. Artist and track variables for SatRadio are still not updating.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:36 am

SatRadio variables will not update unless it thinks a radio is playing. That's why you have to use the SatRadio PlayChannel command. Do you have the correct command mappings in the Radio Commands tab in the SatRadio app? The new app does not use the old {{satradio_avid_{{clientname}}}} variable.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:21 pm

That is exactly the issue. I thought when I backed up and restored from the old server I would have caught this. What variable do you recommend using in place of {{satradio_avid_{{clientname}}}} or should I just hard code it to 1 for now - as I only have one radio in AV 1. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:38 pm

Hard code it as it is fixed.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:17 pm

This is driving me nuts. i have Play Channel in SatRadio set to AV|{{satradio_activeradio_{{clientname}}}}~PlayChannel~<P1>. When I issue a Satradio|playchannel~33~1 I get nothing, issuing AV|1~PlayChannel~33 works fine. What am I missing? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:39 pm

simonmason wrote:This is driving me nuts. i have Play Channel in SatRadio set to AV|{{satradio_activeradio_{{clientname}}}}~PlayChannel~<P1>. When I issue a Satradio|playchannel~33~1 I get nothing, issuing AV|1~PlayChannel~33 works fine. What am I missing? Thanks.

All of my play commands route through the AV family like AV|1~PlayChannel~33. I do not route any commands to SatRadio directly.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:58 pm

But according to Dave's note below and my experience, issuing the play command directly to the AV device wreaks havoc with the Satradio screens as it doesn't know that the Satradio is playing?
Simon D. S. Mason

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:12 pm

simonmason wrote:But according to Dave's note below and my experience, issuing the play command directly to the AV device wreaks havoc with the Satradio screens as it doesn't know that the Satradio is playing?

This is my play command from the play button;

SatRadio|PlayChannel~{{satradio_radio{{satradio_activeradio_{{clientname}}}}_channel}}~{{satradio_activeradio_{{clientname}}}}

This is my play command from the stations pop up;

Macro|SatRadio|PlayChannel~{{satradio_item_2_channel_{{clientname}}}}~{{satradio_activeradio_{{clientname}}}}!WebCmd|{{clientname}}~RefreshPage

The {{satradio_activeradio_....actually refers to the AV.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:12 am

Thanks. All checks out with mine. What do you show in the SatRadio plugin under Radio Commands for Play Channel? This is where the SatRadio command is translated into an AV command.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “MLSatRadio”