Couple of questions about SatRadio

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Couple of questions about SatRadio

Postby simonmason » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:22 am

1. What client specific variable determines which stations display in the browse mode when you first enter the Satellite_Main screen? In my setup there is only one XM radio so I am trying to synchronize all of my clients so they all show the current station when I browse instead of client specific browse lists.
2. Related to this - SatRadio|Browse~Current appears in the conditional but is not in command builder - is this an error in omission? What is the difference between Browse~First and Browse~Current - they appear to be doing the same thing.
3. Can I delete all mlsatradio variables?

Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Couple of questions about SatRadio

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:43 am

1. What client specific variable determines which stations display in the browse mode when you first enter the Satellite_Main screen? In my setup there is only one XM radio so I am trying to synchronize all of my clients so they all show the current station when I browse instead of client specific browse lists.

{{SatRadio_ItemsPerPage_{{clientname}}}}
{{SatRadio_FirstPagePage_{{clientname}}}}
{{SatRadio_FilterItem_{{clientname}}}}

are the three variables that control the browsing.

2. Related to this - SatRadio|Browse~Current appears in the conditional but is not in command builder - is this an error in omission? What is the difference between Browse~First and Browse~Current - they appear to be doing the same thing.

Am omission. Browse~current is valid. Browse~first will take you to the first page of stations while browse current simply refreshes the list of stations so you can resume where you left off.

3. Can I delete all mlsatradio variables?

Yes.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks, what would be the best way to browse directly to currently playing station?
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 am

There is no way to accurately set the browser to that channel but you can make sure all the clients are looking at the same now playing information by keeping

{{SatRadio_ActiveRadio_{{ClientName}}}}
{{SatRadio_ActiveChannel_{{clientname}}}

in sync on all clients. You could also modify the scenes changing
{{SatRadio_ActiveChannel_{{ClientName}}}}
to
{{SatRadio_Radio{{SatRadio_ActiveRadio_{{ClientName}}}}_Channel}}
and you would only have to keep the {{SatRadio_ActiveRadio_{{ClientName}}}} variable constant across all clients.

Return to “MLSatRadio”