Editing Internet Radio Database

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Editing Internet Radio Database

Postby simonmason » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:19 am

Would it be possible to allow Content Manager to edit the Internet Radio Database or at least see it so I can see what addresses it is using. Internet radio is an area fraught with changes and I find a number of the stations go on and off or update their addresses. For example, I listen to a station in CT - the entry in the database doesn't work. I found an address that works but it doesn't give me the artist / title feed. If I had access to the built in database it might give me some pointers on how to look for a streaming URL than might work?
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Editing Internet Radio Database

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:19 pm

There's over 17,000 radio stations in the database. Exposing all of them would be cumbersome in the Content Manager but the real reason they are not editable in the CM is because these stations will and can get overwritten with the nightly update. We refresh the master database about 3 times a month. The source for all these stations is www.reciva.com. You could look for your stations there. The URLs you discover will be the same ones in the database. You need to find non-flash streams.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks. Accessing through their web site works great.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Really? What station did you find there that didn't work in Internet Radio? That tells me I have to look at the master database.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:18 pm

The other way around. WMRQ 1 was not working. It does not show up in the web site - presumably they have removed it? Perhaps you haven't updated and removed it? I looked at WMRQ 2 for some clues as to what address they were pointing to and I am using that to figure out where the correct URL is.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “MLSatRadio”