ProcessCOmmand error in SatRadio

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ProcessCOmmand error in SatRadio

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Does channel 33 play with the default scenes?

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:49 am

No, I am getting the same error about invalid URL. Just to confirm - I should use the same login that I use at siriusxm.com/player to listen?
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:16 am

That's not just your problem It is everyone problem. It appears the sirius has turned off the old streaming servers. SatRadio is dead for everyone at the moment.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:14 am

Bummer. Are the streaming services something that Sirius is committed to provide?
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:22 am

Yes they are committed. They just go out of their way to make sure as few people as possible get to use them.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Dave - Tne entire streaming offering is changing. See this: http://audio4cast.com/2012/05/02/siriusxm-gets-serious-with-streaming/

The new offering will also cost more and will be interactive much like Pandora. They already started offering a "pay for replay" service for concerts and interviews.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Yea they're struggling to be creative. Their new Flash player has some of these features already. The biggest issue is that they have gone with using encrypted RTMPE Flash audio streams and that is killing us.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Well - THe LastFM thing might be a good alternative. Between that, Internet Radio and Pandora and your own music collections, That is a strong offering.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:52 am

I know that this is difficult but do we have any sort of ETA on adjustments to the Sirius plugin? I need to make the decision if I reassign the channels in my house to other sources for now as I am getting complaints! Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:04 pm

I've spent a minimum of 30 hours over the past two weeks seeing what can be done with SiriusXM. Their latest moves to fully encrypt the Internet streams had to have been a deliberate act to keep their system closed and only accessible to their approved "partners". The entire open source community has essentially abandoned all development of standalone Sirius or XM players. So the future of supporting streaming SatRadio is not looking bright.

I'll will continue to research but we are already implementing plan 2. Plan 2 is expanding support for more hardware based radios. Right now you can buy three different Sirius radios that support RS232 control. You can see them listed here. I personally own one of the Sirius Connect Home Tuners and the Sirius SRH2000 supports the same protocol. Both of these radios include the updated tuners. Either one of these would make for a good replacement for the Internet streams. I have asked a couple of sources for a copy of the serial protocol for these radios. As soon as I get my hands on the protocol I will write the driver to support them. It will also be possible to support the SiriusConnect Professional Home Dock but that device uses the older tuners and a slightly different protocol. If demand dictated we could have a driver for that one too.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:29 pm

The only downside to going with a new radio is that they charge a lot more for this than the internet streaming. This might be part of the reason they are locking down the internet streams?
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:06 pm

I finally broke down and bought a Sirius SCH1 as my favorite Internet radio station has gone off the air. A couple of questions.

Do I use the XMPCR driver family for this?

The unit comes with an 8 pin DIN cable. Do I need to convert this to RS232 (vs. USB) for the driver to work? Any links to cheap cables would be appreciated as I am only finding cables that costs $40! Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 am

We do not currently have a driver for the Sirius SCH1 radio. The XMPCR driver will only work with the legacy XMPCR radio. The SCH1 uses a different protocol.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 am

Well, this got a lot more complicated than I bargained for. It appears that Sirius has discontinued the SCH1P2 (which is the SCH1 with an RS232 cable) and also no longer sells the RS232 cable as a part number. I searched all over the web and no one has them in stock. The RS232 cable is proprietary, it disables all of the ports (with the exception of the optical audio) on the SCH1 and provides for power injection and line out separately. So the SCH1 is going back in the box and is getting returned.

If I understand this correctly - the only driver currently available is for the XMPCR - so I could order one of these old units from ebay and hook it up with SatRadio app? Are there any other supported stand-alone tuners that have a driver that I may have missed?

Also, what tuner are you likely to make a new driver for first? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “MLSatRadio”