3.99.29 Issues

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3.99.29 Issues

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Restart MLServer with verbose logging activated. Look for any other messages when the plugin loads. Nothing has changed in the licensing. How many radios are you licensed for? How many are enabled?

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Dave:
I guess you saw my post before I re-edited it! I am connected ok now - it turns out that the install wiped out my settings. Once I put my user/pass/favs in all was well. However, whenever I installed the latest update to mainlobby 3.0.152.4 on my clients, the XM album art was too big! For example, I had it set at 80% scale on a particular scene but had to reduce it to 53% to fit the same space. XM Album art was too big on ALL my satradio scenes on ALL clients but not musiclobby or other album art scenes. No big deal since I could easily fix it, but something change in the new ml release?

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Postby jpimentel » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:31 pm

How do I get the latest MLSatRadio plugin? I tried MLInstaller and it shows a new version 3.99.36 is available, but it hangs when I try to download it. Using MLInstaller v 3.75.0
Regards,

John

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:42 pm

It downloads and installs fine here. It is a 34MB file. Did you not wait long enough for the download to finish?

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Postby jpimentel » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Not sure what the issue is on my server.... But I installed the MLInstaller on my desktop and then it came in fine.
And wow, everything is working perfectly!! At this point at least, cover art and meta data alignment to broadcast is better than it has ever been for XM even when using my clunky old XM-PCR device. I just broke down and subscribed to XM streaming so I will see how the sound quality compares to my heavily modded / digi-fied XM-PCR.

Thanks!
Regards,

John

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 pm

John - I my non-sophisticated testing, streaming is far better than the clipped music produced by the PCR. Recall that the PCR is seven years or so behind the current technology. I gave up on the PCR and I am about to give up on the Polk receiver. Not due to sound issues, just that we do not use it all that much. My problem then is, is it really SATELLITE radio, or a hoped up version of Internet radio.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLSatRadio”