June 29th - Streams now working.

Topics related to Sirius and XM Radio support via the MLSatRadio plugin.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

June 29th - Streams now working.

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:36 pm

SiriusXM has turned the radio streams back on and the plugin is now capable of playing the Internet streams once again. If they stay on for a few more days I will publish an update that fixes the missing stations.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: June 29th - Streams now working.

Postby ronsatter » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Only about 20 channels on my favorites list, but all seem to be working well today.

Hope we can work out a permanent solution here, Dave. MLSatRadio is a conerstone in my ML operation. Looking forward to updates to the MLMusicLobby plugin. I hope it's high on the upgrade list.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

edentel

Postby edentel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 am

Are all of the streams operational again? I can't tell from the two notes above....

The storm blew out a few Insteon switches and apparently my ST2-XM (ouch) all of which were out of warrenty (ooooouch). I was thinking of trying out the software streaming again if everything was working but I just wanted to check before dealing with XMs 800# to make the account changes.

Thank,
-Ed

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:41 am

The streams are running. There is a couple of channels that do not work properly (e.g. Pearl Jam). Those will be fixed soon too.

edentel

Postby edentel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Ran through the list on Radio Margaritaville is one of the dead ones... Who do I need to kidnap or bribe!?!?! :wink:

Thanks as always!

Near76
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Near76 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 pm

My SiriusXM stopped streaming about a week or two ago...anyone see the same thing?
-Matt

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:10 pm

On September 28th SiriusXM started shutting down the old streaming servers for the Internet feeds. This action broke MLSatRadio and the V4 SatRadio application. SiriusXM switched their stream formats to encrypted Flash audio that is only compatible with the vastly inferior SiriusXM web player. At this point in time there is nothing we can do to bring the streaming radio option back. This was a deliberate action from SiriusXM to keep their system closed and proprietary. We are still looking at methods to bring back the Internet streaming features but the outlook is not promising. Because SiriusXM decided to apply DRM to their streams by using the Flash encryption there is no legal way for us to use those streams.

DevenLF

Postby DevenLF » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm seeing posts above this one about the Sat. Radio plugin. Did this ever get resolved? Am I able to use the internet streams, again?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:56 pm

No SiriusXM Internet streams are not currently available. I'm still begging SXM for their api access.

oaserani

Streams

Postby oaserani » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Can somebody remind me how to setup SatRadio in MLSERVER4 to play from the streaming services. I had it setup in V3, and now I have the streaming service available for me again, and can't figure out how to set it up in V4. Only have it for a physical radio...
Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:31 pm

It is impossible for SatRadio to play the SXM radio streams. They are encrypted and no one knows how to decrypt them.

Return to “MLSatRadio”